5 Posts

The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31» Forums » General

Subject: Must be a way to fix this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Parker
msg tools
badge
We played several games of this last week and generally had a good time but with one glaring problem. If anyone was suspected of being The Thing early on, they pretty much no longer got to play. Nobody would bring them on missions (except for the few times they had to) and whenever it became that player’s turn to be captain someone would tie them up. It got the point where if anyone in our group was thought to be The Thing they would fold their arms, lay down their cards and say ‘Welp guess I’m not playing any more’. Have other groups experienced this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim V
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well We've only played once.

Its clear that The Thing has to keep a very low profile, and its main goal is to get on that chopper instead of sabotaging as much as possible.

Kinda like in Battle Star Galactica, where you are thrown in jail every time.

We've played the thing with 7, and it kinda works in a large group, especially since people can get infected with everytime when a new section is opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jose
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What size group were you playing with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Parker
msg tools
badge
Five

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jose
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's hard to know without having been there, and I definitely think that the game is a lot weaker on the lower end of the player count, but were any of those "figured it out early" games the (I don't like using the word, but) fault of the player over stepping or giving up too soon and not being able to convince or connive their way out? What was the incontrovertible proof that the rest of the group had?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.