Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you only stay invisible for one turn or until the smoke bomb goes away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele c
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
If you start your turn with a condition, it goes away at the end of that turn. Smoke bomb doesn't add any exception to this rule, hence you stay invisibile from the moment you use the ability to the end of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Also, Smoke Bomb the actual card stays in play indefinitely. Its ability isn't tied to that specific instance of Invisible. If you don't use it immediately and gain Invisible at a later point in the scenario, you will be able to use its effect then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herefor Thecomments
Australia
flag msg tools
As a young boy I used to make smoke bombs out of ping pong balls wrapped in aluminium foil. Depending on the size of the room they would create a haze for up to 6 whole seconds. Transferred into game time I would assume that's until the end of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hatfield
United States
Mt. Vernon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
Also, Smoke Bomb the actual card stays in play indefinitely. Its ability isn't tied to that specific instance of Invisible. If you don't use it immediately and gain Invisible at a later point in the scenario, you will be able to use its effect then.

Huh? Izzat right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Faded wrote:
Joou wrote:

Huh? Izzat right?

I stumbled over that, too. But Jouu is usually right, and RAW-wise, it makes sense. The FAQ doesn't contradict it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Faded wrote:
Joou wrote:

Huh? Izzat right?

If you look at the ability on the card, it has the symbol for persistent bonus (card outline with the infinity symbol and a red arrow). That means it stays in play in your Active area until another effect directs otherwise (or you choose to dismiss it).

Next to that symbol is a circle indicating a "charge". When this ability is first played, you place the card in the active area and place one of your small character tokens in the circle.
Then when the condition is met to trigger that "charge" (as listed on the card text), in this case "on your next attack while INVISIBLE", that "charge" is automatically used (not optional, you have to use it if the condition was met), the bonus goes into effect (in this case "double the value of the attack"), and the token is moved to the right (revealing the 2 XP symbol, meaning you gain 2 XP when that "charge" is used).
Since the next symbol in line is the "lost" symbol, that means when the token hits that symbol, the card is moved from your Active area to your Lost pile (which also indicates where the card is placed if you choose to dismiss the persistent effect early without using the charge. Though there isn't really any benefit to doing that with lost cards, unless you have some way of recovering lost cards).

Since the ability itself gives Invisibility as its first action, most people end up using the double-damage effect right away on their next turn before that invisibility fades (or possibly using a bottom attack on the same turn as Smoke Bomb is played), but if that doesn't happen and the invisibility fades before an attack is made, the double damage effect still stays there primed and waiting, and can be triggered later on if the Scoundrel is able to gain Invisibility again and make an invisible attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure if the invisiblity were intended to be permanent, there'd be an instruction along that vein on the card. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember seeing something like that when we played as guests in a friend's campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The invisibility is not permanent, but the "double damage on your next attack while invisible" effect is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
The invisibility is not permanent, but the "double damage on your next attack while invisible" effect is.

exactly. status effects are never permanent unless they specifically say so on the card. Or in the rules (i.e. wound and poison. not permanent, but they last until healed, unlike most others which last through your next full turn)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.