Subject: How many components are needed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this might sound like a weird question, but I'm asking because of the Top Shelf Gamer component upgrades. The game comes with:

30 copper
30 silk
40 seafood
40 tea
23 imported goods

The upgrade set has:

15 copper
20 silk
15 seafood
20 tea
15 imported goods
[edit: it's actually 15 silk and 20 seafood]

Is that enough, or would I have to buy 2 sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most of the time it would be enough as you tend to cycle resources in and out of your hand as you fill orders, go to church and so on. It is also inefficient to have much more of a resource than you need to fill your orders.

But there will be times when you may run out with the smaller set.
For example, a goal we had in last night's game to acquire 7 tea. If that comes up in a four player game and everyone goes for it, then you are likely to need 28 tea at a minimum. You could just keep the cardboard chits on hand and switch to them if required. Or spend the extra.

Luckily I joined the KS for the deluxe set so it is not a worry I have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy Kok
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seafood and Tea are the most common commodity used in Yokohama since it's the easiest to obtain. I'm quite surprised that the upgrade set has more silk than seafood.
I think with only one set, you might not have enough seafood and tea if you're playing with the full player count and the players you're playing with tend to hog their goods before fulfilling a lot of contracts at one go. I'll suggest that you just get one set and use some of the cardboard tokens if you run out of any resources cause it shouldn't happen often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that was actually a typo. It's 20 seafood and 20 tea.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I don't think it will be a problem if it's rare. I could even say that the regular tokens are x3 or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
number_eight wrote:
Oh, that was actually a typo. It's 20 seafood and 20 tea.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I don't think it will be a problem if it's rare. I could even say that the regular tokens are x3 or something like that.

Anybody would think you play Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.