Daft Wullie
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
We are currently running a Dunwich Legacy campaign. Having completed Blood on the Altar we have begun to find it too easy because of our experience and deckbuilding. We are thinking of increasing the difficulty.

Does anybody else have the experience that the difficulty of the scenarios remain the same throughout the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which (and how many) investigators are you running with? And what difficulty are you currently playing on?

Have you played through Dunwich previously?

Sort of spoiler for Dunwich (won't be a spoiler if you've played the first scenario):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
which chaos tokens have you added to the bag during the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daft Wullie
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
We are three players and are playing with Agnes, Rex, and Zoey. We are using Easy/standard and are tempted to use Hard/Expert.

The chaos bag was initialized with standard and one Elder one was added

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you are the first person who complains that Dunwich is too easy

Btw Agnes and Rex are the strongest investigators so far (Zoey is in the high league as well), so it can happen, and feel free to turn scenario card to Hard/Expert side to feel the pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DEFINITELY move to Hard/Expert. I did so for new characters to play Carcosa, and it makes things much more exciting and close, but still winnable. Should be fine for experienced decks/players in any campaign.

Chick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Hobbes
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We play on normal and have finished Undimensionend and Unseen. Everytime we found a scenario too easy I later discovered that we made crucial errors regarding the rules.

F.e. my third play through the latest Undimensioned was much much tougher as I played every rule correct.

So I would first look if you really played everything according to the rules. If you look into the forum many do make errors. That can be quite overwhelming sometimes with all the special rules. If that is not the problem sure go up but imo "normal" is a "hard" in other games.

EDIT: on second view you have much more powerful characters than the ones we play with. So even with correct rules it really might be too easy for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daft Wullie wrote:
We are three players and are playing with Agnes, Rex, and Zoey. We are using Easy/standard and are tempted to use Hard/Expert.

The chaos bag was initialized with standard and one Elder one was added

They are arguably the best trio you could take, with zoey arguably the best dps, Rex easily in a class of his own at getting clues and mystics (in my opinion) are the best all round class and Agnes is the best among them .

I’d consider just playing out the campaign and seeing how it goes on normal, and then playing through again on hard or even expert. If you don’t want to play through it again or won’t have the time, then bump it up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daft Wullie
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
We agree the trio is indeed great.

We increased the difficulty. It made the game harder and a close call. There were more tests, which failed. We did not complete all acts and had to resign in the end. It was exciting to play and a great experience.

Many thanks for all the suggestions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Hobbes
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The game is definitely not easy on normal with Agnes & Pete.

Had two tries at Dunwich. One solo with Roland and one with the before mentioned. Was just beaten down the second time and completely killed of the campaign again. It should be a bummer because we wont start a third Dunwich try for quite some time but it doesnt feel that way.

More like an epic journey that ended not so well but fitting to the theme and story. Like TS wrote if the investigators feel too powerful I would always go a difficulty higher to make it a fight for survival. Thats were AH LCG is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it pretty darn hard. Even on easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.