Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Having just invested heavily in this incredible game I'm a bit stuck with a few things and would really appreciate some clarity

1. If you take a crit damage hit, does that count as a shield/hull damage in addition to whatever is written on the card? The wording isn't the best in the rulebook and I can't figure out whether it actually counts as damage or you only invoke the card text, or both.

2. Can you get a target lock on a ship that is within range, but is NOT in your firing arc? Again, it kind of looks like it's any ship in range, but it isn't explicit about whether you need it to also be in the arc.

3. Let's say you end up with your ship overlapping or even 'on top' of an obstacle like an asteroid after movement. I know you will need to roll for damage and lose the action, but...when you come to the combat phase do you have to roll with any penalty for the obstacle? In other words, would the defender get an extra dice roll the same as they would if you were shooting through or past the obstacle? Or, do you just roll for damage and ignore the obstacle you're on/touching?

I have spent hours on YouTube and various sites online looking for answers and can't find any. You're my only hope

Thank you kindly,
Lea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, a critical hit is basically a hit that has an additional effect. Remember though that as long as you have shields, a hit of ANY kind just removes a shield.

2. Target locking is not dependent on firing arc, just range.

3. If your firing arc for the ship you're shooting at goes through the obstacle at all, then yes, your shot is considered obstructed and the defender gets an extra green die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. First of all, look if there are still shields left. A crit will remove a shield if possible. Only if there are no shields, draw a card, face up. The card does count as a damage point.

2. Yes, TL works out of arc.

3. You are not allowed to attack when you land on an asteroid, but you can attack while standing on debris. (Debris is introduced with some expansions, I think it does not come with the base game). So asteroids are really, really bad. There are pilots/ cards which may cause an exception to the rule. If you are allowed to attack, the normal rules apply, so if the shortest line for the shot goes over the obstacle cardboard, apply the modifier for the defense.

I am pretty sure you will find all this in the rules, somehwere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Richard and Andreas for the help

I'm more confident of the upcoming game now. Last night was my second and we spent more time trying to answer questions than playing at some points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.