Maltuvion Irewood
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone. Our group of TI veterans (with several people having more than 10 years of TI experience) are planning our first game of 4th edition in a month's time. It will be an epic 8-player game to the score of 14 Victory Points.

Since we generally dislike pie-slice maps due to their lack of dynamics, balance and engagement, I and two other of the players have designed a map inspired by the Star by Star method inspired by the Shattered Ascension modification to Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition. Right now it's just in paper form, so bear with the primitivity of it (I'll post a picture once we've assembled it in a month's time). I'm putting it out in case other people want to try it (and give feedback!).

Regarding the placement of HS, Race picks and Speaker, we used a bidding system.

* Each player was given 10 Trade Goods pregame (none of them carry into the game).
* Each player was given 2 races and could either pay 2 TG's to lock one of their races or discard both. People who discarded both would, after all had made their choice, bid amongst the remaining races).
* Afterwards people bid on Home Systems (reverse order).
* Lastly, people bid on the speaker token. Any excess Trade Goods were discarded, nothing was carried into the game.

Here is the map: https://imgur.com/8hANnKM

The coloured lines under planet names denotes Planet Type. The coloured circles denote Tech Specialty. A and B letters are Wormholes. Numbers indicate resources/influence value, so for instance 3/1 indicates 3 resources, 1 influence.

Blue (HS 2) = Ghosts of Creuss (holds Speaker Token).
Orange (HS 3) = Mentakk Coalition.
Purple (HS 4) = Federation of Sol
Yellow (HS 5) = Emirates of Hacan.
Grey (HS 6) = Barony of Letnev.
Red (HS 7) = Nekro Virus.
Black (HS 8 ) = L1Z1X Mindnet.
Green (HS 1) = Arborec.

For additional galaxy tiles we're printing out 3rd edition systems (such as Capha, Hope's End, additional nebulae and Supernovas) in colour on cardboard measured to be exactly like 4th Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you do a session report with pictures please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maltuvion Irewood
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hector131 wrote:
Make sure you do a session report with pictures please!

Alright, I'll try, though it should be noted that we seal every political deal with a shot of bitter and every large space battle (3+ capital ships) with a shot of rum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.