9 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Twin Shadows» Forums » General

Subject: Do I need this expansion to use Boba Fett? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that there's a little package that has Boba Fett in it with some cards amongst other things. I'm aware I need to buy at least that so I can have his mini in the game, but do I need Twin Shadows to use him in game? Or is it like "unlocking his full potential" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nope
badge
Still nope
mbmbmbmbmb
Twin Shadows contains a campaign that utilises Boba Fett (and includes a cardboard token to take the miniatures place, if you don't own him).
The small Boba Fett box is all that is needed to use him in other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy of his mission handy, but you will probably need map tiles from Twin Shadows in order to be able to play his mission. If that's the case then the only way to "legally" include him in a campaign would be to use the Nemesis class deck from the Jabba's realm expansion. The imperial player cannot otherwise earn Boba. (I guess you could put the side mission into play, and the rebels choose not to do it, in that case you don't need the map tiles either because you don't do the mission, but that relies on the rebels not wanting to try and stop you from getting Boba.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, each expansion "pack" (the blister) comes with one Campaign mission and one Skirmish mission. If the pack is a bad guy like Boba Fett, the Campaign Mission is part of an Imperial Agenda. In a campaign, the Imperial Player chooses a number of Agendas to include as part of the campaign. If they want Boba, they can add his Agenda from his expansion pack. There is also an Agenda in the Twin Shadows mini campaign that will add Boba Fett (so if you bought both, you could have both Agendas in the game). Once the Imperial Player "earns" Boba Fett as a reward from this Agenda mission, he can include him in every subsequent mission as one of the optional deployment cards (every mission gives the Imperial player anywhere from 2 to 4 deployment cards, and you can make one of those Boba Fett).

So, in short, you do *not* need Twin Shadows to have Boba Fett in your campaigns. You can get by with just the blister pack.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
To clarify, each expansion "pack" (the blister) comes with one Campaign mission and one Skirmish mission.

To be exact, one skirmish map, which holds two skirmish missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
shnar wrote:
To clarify, each expansion "pack" (the blister) comes with one Campaign mission and one Skirmish mission.

To be exact, one skirmish map, which holds two skirmish missions.

True true, semantics

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
To clarify, each expansion "pack" (the blister) comes with one Campaign mission and one Skirmish mission. If the pack is a bad guy like Boba Fett, the Campaign Mission is part of an Imperial Agenda. In a campaign, the Imperial Player chooses a number of Agendas to include as part of the campaign. If they want Boba, they can add his Agenda from his expansion pack. There is also an Agenda in the Twin Shadows mini campaign that will add Boba Fett (so if you bought both, you could have both Agendas in the game). Once the Imperial Player "earns" Boba Fett as a reward from this Agenda mission, he can include him in every subsequent mission as one of the optional deployment cards (every mission gives the Imperial player anywhere from 2 to 4 deployment cards, and you can make one of those Boba Fett).

So, in short, you do *not* need Twin Shadows to have Boba Fett in your campaigns. You can get by with just the blister pack.

-shnar

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the boba fett side mission in the agenda cards uses tiles from Twin Shadows (I don't remember off the top of my head), then you basically can't play the side mission.

That's for sure the case with other expansion packs, needing the big box expansion tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the boba fett side mission in the agenda cards uses tiles from Twin Shadows (I don't remember off the top of my head), then you basically can't play the side mission.

That's for sure the case with other expansion packs, needing the big box expansion tiles.

Yeah, this is exactly what I said above. If the rebels choose not to play the mission, you technically don't need the tiles. But that's a gamble and a bit of a sneaky way to get Boba in, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the campaign mission in the Boba Fett pack, it looks like it only uses core set tiles. The Skirmish map uses Twin Shadow tiles. So if you intend to use Boba from the pack without the box expansion, you're good.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.