Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Trying to figure out exactly how Soldiers play out round after round. Per the rules:

"You may steal 1 Farmer (without a Bread token on it) from another player. That player may pay a tribute of 1 Deben to you in order to avoid this. In addition, for the rest of the game each 1 of your Soldiers protects 2 of your Farmers from being stolen."

Once a Soldier is played out in the Dynasty Phase:

1. Can I only use his stealing ability during the immediate subsequent Dynasty Phase? (One time use.)

Or...

2. Can I use the Soldier's stealing ability (if there is an unfed, unprotected Farmer out) in every following Dynasty Phase for the rest of the game? (Multiple use.)

My wife and I have been playing it as 1 but we wonder...

--------------------------
I note that in the rules:

1. The Pharaoh and Soldier have an "infinity" symbol on their respective card. The rules then clearly state, "For the rest of the game...."

2. The rules state "No effect when played" for the Pharaoh, Artisan, and Farmer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
will give you an answer later on today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can steal once when played (1 farmer or Deben, target's choice, if there's an unprotected farmer), but the protective part of the soldiers is always in effect, represented by the infinity symbol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you Alvin for answering for me. what he says is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent. That's the way my wife and I have been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.