Popular Tags: [View All]
Donny Schuijers
Netherlands
Uden
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a non-native speaker, this sentence is really ambigue for me;

"A player always has the option to pass on declaring a conflict during a conflict opportunity, but doing so relinquishes that conflict opportunity this phase."

Does that mean that

A) If I pass on my first opportunity, I can't use my second one?
or
B) Even if I pass on my first opportunity, I can still start a conflict on my second opportunity.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Zorzo
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B) Even if I pass on my first opportunity, I can still start a conflict on my second opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brusazorzo wrote:

Yep. You are just passing on one of your two opportunities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel van der pol
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiritReacher wrote:
As a non-native speaker, this sentence is really ambigue for me;

"A player always has the option to pass on declaring a conflict during a conflict opportunity, but doing so relinquishes that conflict opportunity this phase."

Does that mean that

A) If I pass on my first opportunity, I can't use my second one?
or

Thanks.

Basically there are two Opportunities to Declare a Conflict. You can Pass during such an Opportunity instead of Declaring a Conflict i.e. you are not required to Declare a Conflict. Doing so basically "costs" you that Opportunity. Since you have two, you can pass on the first one and Declare a Conflict on the second one. Note that if you Pass, you don't have to specify which type of conflict you are passing on (i.e. Military or Diplomacy), keeping your opponent in the dark about what you will Declare on your second opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.