Popular Tags: [View All]
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/fbi-deputy-director-andrew-m...
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/29/politics/mccabe-resignation-a...

FBI deputy director steps down. Guess we'll see if the new one sacks Mueller or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein who could sack Mueller, not Deputy FBI Dir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/958166235065323520
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:

I'd seen this thread, too - just making it look nicer!

Also remember - McCabe was going to retire in March anyway; he's going on leave until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Not that anyone should need more evidence of how petty and small-minded our esteemed president is, but his phone call with McCabe after firing Comey is just a gem of 7 year-old level vindictiveness.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371271-trump-told...

Apparently after Comey's unceremonious firing while in LA, Trump fumed at the just-anointed acting director about Comey being allowed to fly home with his FBI colleagues, because he's a petty asshole.

But wait, there's more!

McCabe told him that, while he had not personally authorized Comey's flight, he would have if he had been asked.

Quote:
Trump fell silent before lashing out at McCabe and telling him to ask his wife what it felt like to be a loser, according to NBC.
The FBI head replied, “OK, sir,” before Trump ended the call.

If you haven't been keeping up on this particular Trump Rage-Boner, its origin lies in McCabe's wife's losing bid for state Senate as a Democrat, even though McCabe, like both Comey and Mueller, is in fact a life-long registered Republican.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If Wray is as independent as one might think, based on his threat to resign when firing McCabe was discussed with Sessions, I wouild hope he would select someone that is a career man, with a fairly clean record. I would also expect him to be of the conservative bent, but that does not necessarily concern me, as long as he is a man that is willing to speak truth, to power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's something I need help with.

Trump is attacking the FBI because according to him and his followers the FBI is biased against Trump.

What the fuck does that even mean? How can the FBI be biased against someone? They are investigating the staggering amount of shady shit he's involved in yes but that doesn't mean the organization is personally biased against him.

I realize that Trump is the world's ultimate victim and everything is unfair and unfairly out to get him but... why on earth would anyone believe this and why are Congressional Republicans willfully going along with it? In fact it seems like the only Republicans who aren't buying into his constant nonsense are the Republicans who run the FBI.

It just makes no sense.

Tomorrow they'll start tearing down Bowditch with irrelevant crap. Maybe he cancelled a reservation at one of Trump's hotels or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Here's something I need help with.

Trump is attacking the FBI because according to him and his followers the FBI is biased against Trump.

What the fuck does that even mean? How can the FBI be biased against someone? They are investigating the staggering amount of shady shit he's involved in yes but that doesn't mean the organization is personally biased against him.

I realize that Trump is the world's ultimate victim and everything is unfair and unfairly out to get him but... why on earth would anyone believe this and why are Congressional Republicans willfully going along with it? In fact it seems like the only Republicans who aren't buying into his constant nonsense are the Republicans who run the FBI.

It just makes no sense.

Tomorrow they'll start tearing down Bowditch with irrelevant crap. Maybe he cancelled a reservation at one of Trump's hotels or something.

Here's a really good article about Rosenstein, Nunes, Trump, a quote from Hitler about lying, etc. (By a Republican FWIW.)

Big Lies, Law Enforcement, and the Defense of Rod Rosenstein

A quote:

"Trump wants to politicize law enforcement. He announces this himself. He talks openly about the job of the attorney general as protecting him and going after his political enemies. He says he admires Eric Holder’s protection of Barack Obama—a supposed corruption that represents yet another conspiracy theory, but one that sheds enormous light on his thinking about how an attorney general should behave. Trump is many things, but on this point he is no hypocrite. He has said exactly what he thinks law enforcement should be: his political plaything, his tool for the crude form of justice Polemarchus describes in Plato’s Republic: “rewarding friends and punishing enemies.”

The trouble was that when Trump confronted the law enforcement apparatus of the United States, he discovered that it did not conform to his vision. He became aware, to his shock, that federal law enforcement actually had integrity. It included a set of institutions that did not work as simple arms of political power. There is no need to take my word for this: It was he who demanded loyalty of Comey. It was he who asked Comey to drop the case against former national security adviser Michael Flynn and who has publicly expressed his anger at Attorney General Jeff Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation—as Sessions was certainly bound to do. It was Trump who has expressed surprise that he couldn’t order up an investigation of his political opponent. Trump started discovering quickly that the FBI and the intelligence communities are not the janissaries of the powerful. And he didn’t like it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
why on earth would anyone believe this and why are Congressional Republicans willfully going along with it? In fact it seems like the only Republicans who aren't buying into his constant nonsense are the Republicans who run the FBI.

Dunno the truth of any of it, but things people say... and if the GOP is so innocent, they're sure trying hard to hide nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
(By a Republican FWIW.)"

Bzzzzzzt WRONG! Benjamin Wittes is a known friend of Anti-Trump Deep State Kingpin James Comey, so he's just another bitter swamp creature living in fear of #DrainTheSwamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WE TAKE YOU LIVE TO TRUMP LEGAL STRATEGY MEETING ALREADY IN PROGRESS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
LolaGranola wrote:
Hmm

Its Glorious crycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Smith
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's now been fired officially just days before retirement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/16/f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Such petty vindictive bullshit.

This will make people happy to work for the federal government under Donald J. Fucking Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sessions announced the decision in a statement just before 10 p.m., noting that both the Justice Department Inspector General and the FBI office that handles discipline had found “that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”

Sessions continued "Because if anyone knows lack of candor under oath it's me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I suspect, when a pension is at stake,he will sue the federal government. In the end, I suspect he will keep his pension.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

I suspect, when a pension is at stake,he will sue the federal government. In the end, I suspect he will keep his pension.

Sadly, Politico doesn't seem to think so:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/15/andrew-mccabe-fbi-...

Basically, FBI and DOJ employees generally have fewer civil service protections than other government employees, although the peculiar political circumstances of his firing, like being asked who he voted for, may give him a leg to stand on in court.

Otherwise, he'll probably get a reduced pension and no health benefits. As said above, stupid, petty vindictive bullshit. #MAGA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Smith
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
WetRock wrote:
Quote:
Sessions announced the decision in a statement just before 10 p.m., noting that both the Justice Department Inspector General and the FBI office that handles discipline had found “that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor — including under oath — on multiple occasions.”

Sessions continued "Because if anyone knows lack of candor under oath it's me."

All he needs is one document that shows he was ordered or it was official policy to lie under oath.

Besides can't he claim he didn't lie he just bullshited by making stuff up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.