Subject: Ideas for the next (Expansion) Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seyit Cinici
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
All systems will bow to the First Order!
badge
#BenSwolo
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay guys,

For this I, and very likely many others, want the following.

For the upcoming expansion for Dinosaur Island, I imagine Kickstarter will be used again. When Pandasaurus Games launches the Kickstarter, it would be sooooo gooooood if they included an add-on for a Big-Box with a premium insert (that can hold sleeved cards, modular coin trays etc). Watch this ManVMeeple video on game inserts if you want to see some discussion on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObZ9Po-STwo

It would be great that this new box could hold the core game (deluxe edition) and the expansion. Right now the box Dinosaur Island Deluxe Edition is delivered with is on the small side. The box is beautiful but just too small for comfortably fitting everything back in. Putting the game back in the box is like a fourth Short Objective in the game. Just for this reason I and another friend of mine that also has the game is not putting the game more on the table than it deserves.

My second idea which I think many people will like is about coins. Yes metal coins are great but the coins in Dinosaur Island deluxe edition are a bit overkill. They're too thick and heavy that they've damaged some peoples' boxes during shipping. Wouldn't it be much better to have plastic coins but with the same material as the dice. So amber colored sturdy plastic coins. Just an idea, and I would definitely buy this as an add-on. So imagine something like this but tailored for this game https://imgur.com/a/9rebp

My third and final idea/suggestion. I know that this has been discussed before. Please include in your games the manuals they deserve. A deluxe edition shouldn't have the same manual as the normal version. Please release a pdf version of this and/or ship with your next Kickstarter Expansion Deluxe edition a printed version to all backers. So two printed manuals. One meant for the Core Deluxe game and one for the Expansion Deluxe version.

I also have one question that surely needs an update.

In the popular FAQ of this game there is this post (11 dec. 2017) from Stooge https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27687869#27687869

To quote him
stooge wrote:
[...] A more permanent solution is in the works [for the meeple color mix-up in the deluxe edition], but it's why there has been so much confusion around the mini meeples vs. the rulebook.

Have you figured out the permanent solution yet and how will you deliver this to the owners of the Deluxe edition? Please keep us updated. That post is now 1.5 months old.

I hope that I don't sound like I'm whining or complaining. If so, I'm sorry. I really like this game, and want it improved. That's all

I wish you guys at Pandasaurus Games the best, and for your future games may the best ideas be yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seyit Cinici
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
#BenSwolo
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Great idea(s) for the next (Expansion) Kickstarter
EDIT: The guy I responded to deleted his post but I'll leave this post as it clarifies some stuff.

Would you've liked metal dice instead of the current plastic amber dice? Amber really fits this game. Well this is just a personal preference of course.

Regarding the rulebook what I meant is that the current rulebook shows game contents of the normal version. For what is supposed to be in the deluxe version, people have to come to BGG to find out. Additionally, yes there are differences in gameplay as the Deluxe edition has an extra dice and more cards.

Additionally you added nothing contributing to this topic besides bashing my post. Please stay away if you're going to act like this. I've only suggested component wise stuff for the next Kickstarter. Of course I want more dinosaur varieties and such but there are already topics on this so what are you complaining about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would prefer the metal coins and the different dinomeeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just received my Dinosaur Island refund from Miniature Market. Looks like I'll be jumping in on the Kickstarter version now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe edition doesn't need a dedicated game manual. It just needs a small card that describes the component and game play changes. That way if a deluxe copy finds it's way to a secondhand owner, it will be easy for that owner to figure out why they have:
- Both beaker and hexagonal scientists,
- A purple DNA die
- 8 extra pink visitors
- 10 purple visitors
- A different count and mix of dino meeples
- etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Moss
United States
Bryan
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your post should have just been labeled "Ideas for the next Kickstarter".

Calling them great ideas is subjective as there are just as many people who would disagree with your ideas as support them.

Also Pandasaurus already knows how to include a quality insert (see: Wasteland Express Delivery Service).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seyit Cinici
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
#BenSwolo
mbmbmbmbmb
CFMoss wrote:
I think your post should have just been labeled "Ideas for the next Kickstarter".

Calling them great ideas is subjective as there are just as many people who would disagree with your ideas as support them.

Also Pandasaurus already knows how to include a quality insert (see: Wasteland Express Delivery Service).

Right. I agree with your first point but please tell me.

How does WEDS having a quality insert help Dinosaur Island owners? It doesn’t. It only shows that Pandasaurus Games can make quality inserts but chose not to include one in DI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zirkonia wrote:
CFMoss wrote:

How does WEDS having a quality insert help Dinosaur Island owners? It doesn’t. It only shows that Pandasaurus Games can make quality inserts but chose not to include one in DI.

The game would have cost an additional 20-30 dollars with an insert like WEDS had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seyit Cinici
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
#BenSwolo
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:
CFMoss wrote:

The game would have cost an additional 20-30 dollars with an insert like WEDS had.

I wouldn't mind paying for it but I can imagine that some do. So as an Add-on everyone would've been happy. I except that there would've been enough interest in this to justify the production of it during the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Bath
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zirkonia wrote:
jgilmour wrote:
Zirkonia wrote:
CFMoss wrote:

I wouldn't mind paying for it but I can imagine that some do. So as an Add-on everyone would've been happy. I except that there would've been enough interest in this to justify the production of it during the KS.

It also would have delayed the game by 8-12 months. Designing those inserts isn't easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.