Subject: The first win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Eichenberg
Germany
Bretten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After reading Daniels first session report for the second edition, and me asking him for his setup for a replay, I want to post the setup of my first win (two prior losses) with the second edition. It is not a full session report because posting this was an afterthought. But I try to document my next game.

I really would like to see more setups and strategies from your games, to see what worked for you and what not. It must not be a full session report. Not everybody of us (me included) have Daniels writing skills

## Setup

- Normal difficulty
- All map cards
- Acolyte
- Gloat (not used)
- Final Rest (important)
- Spite (used to gain 3 sparks for the final blow)
- Knight
- Charge (important)
- Sprint (important)
- Oath of Service (not used)
- Wayfarer
- In the Wind (important)
- From the Blue (important)
- Good Samaritian (used one time, very important)
- Scholar
- Thoroughness (important)
- Gem in the Rough (important)
- Foresight (important)

## Turns

I did not kept book. Next time, I will.

## Summarization

I ignored blights wherever possible and concentrated on gearing up and finding clues. While the Scholar found most of the clues and items, it was the Knights and Wayfarers job to keep the problematic blights at bay. The Acolyte geared up (finding an Artifact that prevented him from losing secrecy and new powers), losing all of his grace in the process. He had to spend a long time in the monastery to be ready again. Luckily he was back the moment the Scholar found a relic. Now it was all preparing a place (the mountains) and getting the Necromancer there using a skull. It was the Acolytes job (equipped with 3 sparks, the relic, Leech Life and Forbidden Arts) to kill the Necromancer (the second die was a 6). It took somewhere between 12 and 14 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one Steffen. Really enjoyed playing the Wayfarer, Thither and Yon is amazing.

Congrats on the win. The Acolyte beating the master is begging for a story

PS: Thank you also for more kind words

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incidentally which Darkness card did you draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. I've only played once, and I am curious read how others have done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laessig
msg tools
dhoehler wrote:
Thanks for posting. I've only played once, and I am curious read how others have done.

That is awesome - my thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.