Subject: Is this a standalone? Expansion? Both? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the e-mail the other day. Actually interesting timing since I was just looking up Brewin' USA to see if there had been anything new going on with it recently.

It doesn't seem quite clear to me from the description if this integrates with Brewin' USA or if the dice drafting is a standalone game. It does say that the beer cards are compatible which makes me think that Taproom Takeover is a standalone but that you could include beer cards from Brewin' USA in Taproom Takeover or vice versa for additional variety.

Swordcrafters doesn't do much for me (although it looks like a unique enough mechanic), but I'm definitely putting this one on my radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Justin,

I had a blast developing and publishing Brewin' USA, and poured every bit of my craft beer enthusiasm into it. I haven't expanded upon the base game yet except for a few promotional beers. I do plan to do this in the future if it keeps gaining traction. Craft beer is where it's at!

Okay now for Brewin' USA Taproom Takeover. This is designed as a standalone game targeting a lighter learning experience but still delivering on game play for gamers. The game has ingredient dice, beer cards, and beer tap tiles. The goal of the game is to brew beer for your taps and you'll need to draft ingredient dice to do that. First player to 5 taps ends the game, but each beer tap scores based on the style of beer brewed on it. The mechanics are designed to be very smooth so you're always either drafting dice or brewing beer on your turn. Taproom Takeover will a lighter experience but still have a lot of that same feel good set collection of Brewin' USA. We're in blind play testing right now for it and getting some really good feedback on it!

Some background behind the decision to create compatible beer cards. The basis for my initial design of Taproom Takeover was to keep the framework of the Brewin' USA beer cards intact, but make a dice game. The foundation for this is that the beer cards are just so cool and people seem to be drawn to looking through them for the different craft beers they have tried. Also dice are cool and seem to make games light and approachable. The reason to add new breweries into Taproom Takeover is that any edition released is going to be a timestamp on the real world market, and the beer market will be ever changing. Right now the taprooms are taking over as the craft beer scene continues to grow.

I hope that helps add some context. Just let me know if there are any other questions. If you're interested in blind play testing, let me know as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V

Mount Oliver
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 'few' promos you say? I got my Boho Rye but that's all. Completionist me wants to know what else is out there!

Anyway, great info on what Taproom Takeover is, I definitely like that the cards are compatible. Although you may already have this in mind, please make sure the TT cards get a small icon or something so that they are easily sorted from the Brewin' USA cards (Pandemic expansions do this for example) since it seems possible that players with both may want to mix them together.

New breweries have indeed gone insane in the past few years, I am sure you will have no shortage of interest on that front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Obradovich
United States
Palos Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
CAN NOT wait for this game. I have Brewin’ USA and play it all the time at different breweries. Problem is that I find myself explaining the game more to people than actually playing it with my friends. Everyone at the breweries love the game and the variety of different brewery cards. I have even made a few brewery cards of my own. Best part is that my own craft beer and home brewery can be played in the game now. Looking forward to hear more about Brewin’ USA: Taproom Takeover. Keep up the great work!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rehberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff - Thanks so much for the enthusiasm! Everything you said is exactly why Taproom Takeover is coming to life. It would be awesome if you would post your homebrew cards on BGG! I'd love to see them.

Jeff2460 wrote:
CAN NOT wait for this game. I have Brewin’ USA and play it all the time at different breweries. Problem is that I find myself explaining the game more to people than actually playing it with my friends. Everyone at the breweries love the game and the variety of different brewery cards. I have even made a few brewery cards of my own. Best part is that my own craft beer and home brewery can be played in the game now. Looking forward to hear more about Brewin’ USA: Taproom Takeover. Keep up the great work!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Obradovich
United States
Palos Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
Couldn’t put the picture up on BGG but I did post one on twitter @AdamsAppleGames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.