Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: shipnaked [+] danyarrington [+] [View All]
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from SMG last week. No acknowledgment aside from Paypal receipt. How long does it typically take SMG to fulfill an order to the US? Looking forward to playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh laddie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
right, so what am i looking at? weeks? months?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only order (Pax Pamir/Khyber Knives boxless bundle) took 6-9 days. I don’t remember, but it was quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until this year, ordering direct meant it was shipped from Germany. Starting at some point this year, US fulfillment ( even for direct orders ) was contracted out to Ship Naked, a division of Game Salute.

AFAIK, they are still finishing up shipment of both direct orders and KS shipments of John Company/Bios Genesis 2nd Edition/Bios Megafauna. There seem be a relatively large percentage of mis-shipped games based on various postings. Communication has been spotty at best.

So in short no idea. But given recent experience, it could take awhile. Maybe contact Ship Naked along with your order confirmation # from SMG and maybe they can help you out.

I've suggested to Phil that for his next KS he choose a different fulfillment partner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Pax Ren and John Company in early December. I assumed they would ship together when JC shipped.

Instead, I had RaxRen in my hands in a week, and JC arrived last week.

Both games shipped by Ship Naked.

They seem pretty on the spot to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered John Company 8/6/2017. Received 1/29/2018. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
My only order (Pax Pamir/Khyber Knives boxless bundle) took 6-9 days. I don’t remember, but it was quick.

To clarify, my JC preorder took as long as it took everyone else (JC was in my box though). But for in-stock ordered-from-Germany product, it was effectively a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the UK and ordered Bios:Genesis and Bios:Megafauna two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I assume they're still tied up sending out to KS backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely.

I'm not worried about not receiving BIOS: Genesis or BIOS: Megafauna 2 until March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
newobj wrote:
I ordered from SMG last week. No acknowledgment aside from Paypal receipt. How long does it typically take SMG to fulfill an order to the US? Looking forward to playing.

Many apologies on the delays in deliveries of the 2017 games: Bios:Genesis 2, Bios:Megafauna 2, John Company, and the Genesis Upgrade. About two months delay was due to misprinted cards (from an issue that was not in the proofs). Another 2 month delay was due to the fulfilment center (ShipNaked) being too busy to attend to my orders. ShipNaked told me that all the 2017 orders are now shipped, with the exception of those who ordered the Genesis Upgrade (these games were somehow misdirected to Australia). Website orders 6340 and higher are in work at ShipNaked.

If you have a problem with shipping, don't know where your order is, got the wrong game, please contact ShipNaked support@shipnaked.

If your game arrives and it is missing components, please go here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZyrLuoTxRGf8JZHsKr2fGDec1tQ...

A personal lament. I got additional bills this year from ShipNaked which brings the total fullfilment price to over $100,000. (This comes to over $25 per backer when divided by the backers in the Bios:Genesis KS campaign. For reference, Bios:Genesis is a $37 game). Although I was able to pay off my staff, my personal savings took a big hit.

For those who partner with ShipNaked, two warnings: If you supply data instructing ShipNaked where to ship the games, they may accept the data but nevertheless disregard the instructions, and bill you for the misshipments. In my case about 5900 games were misdirected, which meant that (for instance) games for EU customers were sent to the USA warehouse instead of the EU one. Chinese distributers saw their games shipped from China and imported back again. The import fees for shuttling the misdirected games back and forth between continents came to perhaps $60,000 extra. Dan Yarrington told me personally that he admitted that he had received and ignored my data, but that it was fiscally my fault because two weeks later he sent me a spreadsheet that, if reviewed carefully, showed that the intent was to ship to warehouses many continents distant from where the customers were.

I suffered a further example of ShipNaked's policy of charging client's for ShipNaked errors. ShipNaked sent hundreds of my games to customers who had not ordered them, and unilaterally told an unknown number of them they could keep for free the games they did not order. Dan Yarrington told me that, for each game lost by ShipNaked, he was willing to compensate me only a small fraction of what I had spent to make the game.

Now retired from the rocket factory, game-making is my full-time livelihood. My pension and the sales of my 3 new games (Bios:Genesis, Bios:Megafauna, John Company) represent my total income for the year 2017. This financial disaster means that we may not be able to bring out the 3 new 2018 games we had planned. Pax Emancipation is in the can, but Pax Transhumanity and Bios:Origins might wait until next year, so High Frontier 4 may get shoved until 2020.

• [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Khan Na Yao
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading Phil's comment makes me sad. Will looking forward to his new games.

I still didn't get any shipment notice for my both Bios yet. (Asia)

Got notice of John Company since 16th but still no sign of the game at my door. Normally it took only 7-10 days from Europe/America to Thailand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Raigada
msg tools
Phil,

I am sorry about the disaster the dealing with Shipnaked has been. Since GameQuest (another common EU Kickstarter fulfillment house) is also having big issues in many projects it seems the price competition to get KS fulfillment contracts has impacted quality of the services. I can only imagine how distressing (financially and in PR management) this must be. So that you know that some people know were the blame is, I refuse now to back any KS that uses any of those two companies as their fulfillment provider.

Even if they are delayed, and even if this and the HF 3rd edition KS have been a mess, I will still be there for BIOS Origins and HF 4th. Your designs are just that good. But I hope there's a reliable fulfillment company in the business by then.

I do have a question, though. If our package is missing (like mine is, with the shipping label generated more than a month ago and yet no games arriving) and Shipnaked fails to reply to our inquiries, what should we do?

Thanks,
Juan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
[q="newobj"]ShipNaked told me that all the 2017 orders are now shipped, with the exception of those who ordered the Genesis Upgrade (these games were somehow misdirected to Australia).
I Kickstarted the Genesis upgrade and added Megafauna. I haven't heard anything from ShipNaked about either. Do you know whether they are holding Megafauna until the Genesis upgrades come in for those who ordered both?

I did receive my pre-ordered copy of John Company (no component issues), so that will be keeping me busy for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mesa
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
phileklund wrote:
newobj wrote:

Many apologies on the delays in deliveries of the 2017 games: Bios:Genesis 2, Bios:Megafauna 2, John Company, and the Genesis Upgrade. About two months delay was due to misprinted cards (from an issue that was not in the proofs). Another 2 month delay was due to the fulfilment center (ShipNaked) being too busy to attend to my orders. ShipNaked told me that all the 2017 orders are now shipped, with the exception of those who ordered the Genesis Upgrade (these games were somehow misdirected to Australia). Website orders 6340 and higher are in work at ShipNaked.

If you have a problem with shipping, don't know where your order is, got the wrong game, please contact ShipNaked support@shipnaked.

If your game arrives and it is missing components, please go here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZyrLuoTxRGf8JZHsKr2fGDec1tQ...

A personal lament. I got additional bills this year from ShipNaked which brings the total fullfilment price to over $100,000. (This comes to over $25 per backer when divided by the backers in the Bios:Genesis KS campaign. For reference, Bios:Genesis is a $37 game). Although I was able to pay off my staff, my personal savings took a big hit.

For those who partner with ShipNaked, two warnings: If you supply data instructing ShipNaked where to ship the games, they may accept the data but nevertheless disregard the instructions, and bill you for the misshipments. In my case about 5900 games were misdirected, which meant that (for instance) games for EU customers were sent to the USA warehouse instead of the EU one. Chinese distributers saw their games shipped from China and imported back again. The import fees for shuttling the misdirected games back and forth between continents came to perhaps $60,000 extra. Dan Yarrington told me personally that he admitted that he had received and ignored my data, but that it was fiscally my fault because two weeks later he sent me a spreadsheet that, if reviewed carefully, showed that the intent was to ship to warehouses many continents distant from where the customers were.

I suffered a further example of ShipNaked's policy of charging client's for ShipNaked errors. ShipNaked sent hundreds of my games to customers who had not ordered them, and unilaterally told an unknown number of them they could keep for free the games they did not order. Dan Yarrington told me that, for each game lost by ShipNaked, he was willing to compensate me only a small fraction of what I had spent to make the game.

Now retired from the rocket factory, game-making is my full-time livelihood. My pension and the sales of my 3 new games (Bios:Genesis, Bios:Megafauna, John Company) represent my total income for the year 2017. This financial disaster means that we may not be able to bring out the 3 new 2018 games we had planned. Pax Emancipation is in the can, but Pax Transhumanity and Bios:Origins might wait until next year, so High Frontier 4 may get shoved until 2020.

This really sucks to hear Phil, but this is not news for Dan Yarrington. He has a terrible reputation and track record. I'm sorry you had to find that out the hard way. It also seems switching from Panda did not go well for you. I hope things will go better with your next set of games.

For the record I don't mind paying more for your games, if it means using more reputable producers and distributors. I'm sure many will agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeebus, what a disaster. Phil, I definitely hope you are able to get better distribution deals set up for your next projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Milton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Does anybody know if Phil has paypal? I ordered John Co and was mis-shipped megafauna (it looks really good) and told to keep it for free. I would be happy to pay him directly for it via paypal.

thanks,
jim
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McManus
United States
Peosta
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Evariste Galois (1811-1832) Rest in Peace
mbmbmbmbmb
uzziel wrote:
Does anybody know if Phil has paypal? I ordered John Co and was mis-shipped megafauna (it looks really good) and told to keep it for free. I would be happy to pay him directly for it via paypal.

thanks,
jim

Same thing here. Phil - You may want to create a link on Sierra Madre's website where folks can pay for John Company or donate to help with the additional shipping fees you have incurred. Victory Point Games did a similar thing about a year ago when they got hit with unexpectedly high shipping fees following their Dawn of the Zeds Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mfwesq wrote:
phileklund wrote:
ShipNaked told me that all the 2017 orders are now shipped, with the exception of those who ordered the Genesis Upgrade (these games were somehow misdirected to Australia).
I Kickstarted the Genesis upgrade and added Megafauna. I haven't heard anything from ShipNaked about either. Do you know whether they are holding Megafauna until the Genesis upgrades come in for those who ordered both?

I did receive my pre-ordered copy of John Company (no component issues), so that will be keeping me busy for a while.

I am wondering the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that totally sucks Phil. There is no call for them to do what they are doing. Screwing you for their mistake is ridiculous. I don't even know how people running Ship Nake can justify that professionally, morally, or personally. They have no honor and are not great people if they can just casually do this.

I look forward to your games every year. Sierra Madre is my one main priority for insta buy whatever you guys put out. I hope things go better for you and I am looking forward to the new copies of Greenland and Neanderthal. I will wait patiently for the games you were going to release this year until you can make them ready. Take your time and take care of yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No more Ship Naked or Game Salute for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So much for their "worry-free" shipping shake

https://www.shipnaked.com/worryfree/

I think if people were more aware of this, they would def. show solidarity and help out regarding the games Shipnaked essentially gave away for free.

/edit: Maybe it would be worth if someone added this to this geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171113/game-salute-cautio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanmcmanus wrote:
uzziel wrote:

thanks,
jim

Same thing here. Phil - You may want to create a link on Sierra Madre's website where folks can pay for John Company or donate to help with the additional shipping fees you have incurred. Victory Point Games did a similar thing about a year ago when they got hit with unexpectedly high shipping fees following their Dawn of the Zeds Kickstarter.

If you wish to pay Sierra Madre Games for a misdirected game you were told to keep, please pay phileklund@gmail.com by Paypal, and explain the reason for the contribution. The cost of Bios:Megafauna is 67 euros, and John Company is 45 euros, but of course any contribution is appreciated.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sorry to hear of your troubles, Phil.

phileklund wrote:
ShipNaked told me that all the 2017 orders are now shipped, with the exception of those who ordered the Genesis Upgrade (these games were somehow misdirected to Australia).

I preordered the Genesis upgrade through the KS, so I assume my kit is in Australia (I am in the US). What should I do, and who should I contact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:

/edit: Maybe it would be worth if someone added this to this geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171113/game-salute-cautio...

Yes, worth adding. Some may be unaware that Ship Naked is basically a sub company of Game Salute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.