Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Great Western Trail» Forums » News

Subject: EGGERTSPIELE happily announces Rails to the North expansion for Great Western Trail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Return to the Great Western Trail!

EGGERTSPIELE invites cowboys to return to the Great Western Trail in the highly anticipated expansion – Rails to the North! Alexander Pfister is eager to reveal the ace up his sleeve with the expansion to his modern classic by introducing a shiny new railway system for players to compete on as they grow their cow herding businesses. In Rails to the North, players will deliver their herds to northeast United States with stops in Chicago, Detroit, New York City, amongst other cities in an effort to become the most successful cow rancher this side of the Mississippi. Be advised that business is much more difficult on this rail, players will want to take advantage of friendly hospitality by establishing branchlets and helping form towns. In addition to the exciting new railway system, players will also discover new station master tiles, private buildings, and an expanded player board to offer more strategic depth to their decision making.

Great Western Trail was introduced in 2016 to critical praise – winning multiple awards including the International Gamers Award, Jogo do Ano (Portugal) and Gouden Ludo (Belgium). Since then, it's been firmly established as a contemporary classic and fan favorite. Rails to the North was designed for cow herders aged 14 and older. While a typical season of cow herding could take months, a game of Great Western Trail - Rails to the North is expected to take 90 - 150 minutes.

Great Western Trail : Rails to the North is scheduled to be released on June 13 at Origins and available at retailers shortly afterwards. Pre-orders will open soon on the EGGERTSPIELE website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
YIPPIE KY YAY! (no Bruce Willis required!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super excited to see a new expansion. Bit bummed though to see it will affect the player boards. Mine have acrylic overlays from etsy that will have to be replaced if they are a different size. But yay, expansion news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get a photo so we can start speculating wildly in anticipation?

Edit: Nevermind just got this in my email haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Can we get a photo so we can start speculating wildly in anticipation?

Cover art hasn't been finalized yet

I'll see what I can do about sending assets to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Great Western Trail so I'm excited to check out this expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
Love Great Western Trail so I'm excited to check out this expansion!

What I like most is how easy it is to learn. IMO, most expansions seem like a director's cut or lots more thrown on top. The new content is fairly intuitive. If you know GWT, you should have no problems learning the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Is this going to be published by Plan B? Also, is there going to be a Plan B print of the original game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great to hear. Sounds like my group would be able to figure it out pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyh wrote:
Is this going to be published by Plan B? Also, is there going to be a Plan B print of the original game?

If you hadn't heard the news EGGERTSPIELE is distributing in the US under it's own label. Plan B owns the company, but they are now an international publisher. Have you seen the new logo yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. (And nice logo by the way!)

Does the same apply to English language editions in Europe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Spatho wrote:
Excellent. (And nice logo by the way!)

Does the same apply to English language editions in Europe?

We'll seek local distributors for GWT (and all EGGERTSPIELE titles) in European markets (including England). I don't think we'll have difficulty acquiring distribution there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
EchoOperative wrote:
Keyh wrote:

If you hadn't heard the news EGGERTSPIELE is distributing in the US under it's own label. Plan B owns the company, but they are now an international publisher. Have you seen the new logo yet?

Ahh. I have seen the new logo, it looks great. Are you guys going to do a print of the original game at all? I love the game, but I would totally rebuy a print with slightly better components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyh wrote:
EchoOperative wrote:
Keyh wrote:

Ahh. I have seen the new logo, it looks great. Are you guys going to do a print of the original game at all? I love the game, but I would totally rebuy a print with slightly better components.

We have recently reprinted the original game (it's available now at retailers in the US). As for an upgraded version of the game, I can't say that we have any plans for it (but it's a great idea, I'll share with the team).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:

We have recently reprinted the original game (it's available now at retailers in the US). As for an upgraded version of the game, I can't say that we have any plans for it (but it's a great idea, I'll share with the team).

Dual-layered player boards a la Scythe. *grin*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
zamoose wrote:
EchoOperative wrote:

Dual-layered player boards a la Scythe. *grin*

<3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new board has Milwaukee and Green Bay, so that makes it extra good. La Crosse would have made it even better (but understood you can't include every city)

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
kelmarcos wrote:
I'm super excited to see a new expansion. Bit bummed though to see it will affect the player boards. Mine have acrylic overlays from etsy that will have to be replaced if they are a different size. But yay, expansion news!

Doesn't affect the player boards (per Alex Pfister)... just an addition to go beneath it. So existing player boards still work as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
kelmarcos wrote:

Doesn't affect the player boards (per Alex Pfister)... just an addition to go beneath it. So existing player boards still work as is.

The 3 rectangular boards in the lower right of the preview image look like they could just sit next to (at the top edge of?) the existing player boards instead of have to slide underneath them. If so, that's perfect. Now we just have to wait for Board Game Boost to come up with acrylic overlays for the add-on boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kanost
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
OH YEAH
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be at Origins? I'LL be at Origins! This might be one I have to runwalk at a brisk pace for... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Love the base game, this expansion looks very interesting....Instabuy..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sum
United Kingdom
Sutton coldfield
West midlands
flag msg tools
mb
I got the game not play it,but I'm going get expansion anyway. Mombasa, isle of Skye and port royal, Owned and played all. Now just waiting for Mombasa expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summy76 wrote:
I got the game not play it,but I'm going get expansion anyway. Mombasa, isle of Skye and port royal, Owned and played all. Now just waiting for Mombasa expansion.

Oh, if only....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Croft
Australia
Blairgowrie (Mornington Peninsula)
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Summy76 wrote:

+1 for Mombasa Expansion.

What about Mombasa: Mergers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kowalski
msg tools
Alexander i got to say you broke my hearth with Kansas City rebalance :-(
I'm also a bit disappointed with only 1 new building tile.

I think GWT is a masterpiece and I'm looking forward for Rails expansion and hope for variety expansion in the future ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.