Subject: We now have 3 races rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/hate/posts/2101386...

Looks like we get the lizardmen after all. The guys will favor a defensive trap based game play with unique abilities that move the opponents around.

We already had the fungal undead that try to crush the opponents in shorter then usual battles.

Anyone who is familiar with the Chronicles of Hate care to guess if there are more on the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only true epic twist that we could expect would be the Mother Earth "faction" with the saviour-champion. Due to the timeframe and setting on this IP I would guess that it is quite a long shot to actually expect this. But regardless it would be awesome to have this part of the chronicle implemented into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The princes are a different race if im not mistaken as well as the undead muss man merc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek de Soto
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is a "Kickstarter Exclusive", so that makes it 'dead' after Kickstarter (no expansions at retail), but if it does really well and there is a demand, it would be neat in a year to follow up with another kickstarter and have a new map and terrain pieces and a few more tribes. I think that would be awesome if the demand is there

Just not sure from a business stand point it would be worth it because if the expense to do another kickstarter and production for a small run like that.

I think they are testing the waters with this "kickstarter only" game, but if it turns out to be a really solid game, a lot of people will want it after the kickstarter and it won't be available. Maybe they will sell it direction at conventions and stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ObviouslyDerek wrote:
I know this is a "Kickstarter Exclusive", so that makes it 'dead' after Kickstarter (no expansions at retail), but if it does really well and there is a demand, it would be neat in a year to follow up with another kickstarter and have a new map and terrain pieces and a few more tribes. I think that would be awesome if the demand is there

Just not sure from a business stand point it would be worth it because if the expense to do another kickstarter and production for a small run like that.

I think they are testing the waters with this "kickstarter only" game, but if it turns out to be a really solid game, a lot of people will want it after the kickstarter and it won't be available. Maybe they will sell it direction at conventions and stuff?

Monolith ran into issues with Conan when it came to retail. Mini heavy games either earn them almost nothing through retail or cost 250$ from the local store.

I know that the idea with Batman: Gotham City Chronicles (also a kickstarter exclusive) is that it can be brought back on kickstarter for a new release down the road.

Hate is only available via regular or retail pledge on kickstarter, as far as I know they are not going to sell copies even at conventions. Hopefully they are planning on kickstarting a re-release at some point however and maybe create a bundle for new stuff.

I dont think they would discuss that now with the current kickstarter in progress though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek de Soto
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a retail store could technically order 10 copies to sell locally then? Do they get a discount, or would they be paying cost and then having to mark it up for their retail customers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ObviouslyDerek wrote:
So a retail store could technically order 10 copies to sell locally then? Do they get a discount, or would they be paying cost and then having to mark it up for their retail customers?

They have to get them in a bundle of 6, 9 or 12 and they get a 30% of the Tyrant edition pledge when doing so. This is further restricted to only North American retailers that are part of the CMON Play member initiative.

Once the kickstarter releases there is no backup inventory for them to order from, its all up front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.