Hide
4 Posts

Rifles in the Ardennes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Mission 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodolfo Martignago
msg tools
Success conditions for Mission 1 simply state "Reach stripe 1". Does this mean that I have to reach stripe 1 with all of my soldiers or is it enough to reach stripe 1 with just 1 group, leaving the others behind?
Also, if I reach stripe 1 but there are still enemies on the board, is the mission still a success? Is the mission complete the moment I reach stripe 1? What happens to the enemy units left on the board?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ru_disa wrote:
Success conditions for Mission 1 simply state "Reach stripe 1". Does this mean that I have to reach stripe 1 with all of my soldiers or is it enough to reach stripe 1 with just 1 group, leaving the others behind?
Also, if I reach stripe 1 but there are still enemies on the board, is the mission still a success? Is the mission complete the moment I reach stripe 1? What happens to the enemy units left on the board?

Thanks!

I wondered that as well and simply play as any unit reaching stripe one. For me, this is the patrol game, so with a patrol, you just need to report what you find, not necessarily engage in full on combat. It's also the training mission, and the other missions have more specific victory conditions. Just my thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Reach Stripe 1" means that at the end of a Game Turn at least one friendly Unit need to be on Stripe 1.

Quote:
Does this mean that I have to reach stripe 1 with all of my soldiers or is it enough to reach stripe 1 with just 1 group, leaving the others behind?

At least one Unit need to be in Stripe 1.

Quote:
I reach stripe 1 but there are still enemies on the board, is the mission still a success?

Yes

Quote:
Is the mission complete the moment I reach stripe 1?

Mission end is always checked at the end of a game turn.

Quote:
What happens to the enemy units left on the board?

Mission 1 is a Patrol, your duty is to scout the area, not necessarily to destroy every enemy. The rest of the Platoon is expected to follow your squad to remove the enemy forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo Martignago
msg tools
That clears it up. Thanks a lot for the info and congratulations on a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.