Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my Kickstarter edition last week, with the special sleeve.

First Impression: I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of components and the box and trays. The game box itself was much larger than I expected too. I was very impressed with the storage trays made by Game Trayz, very similar to the trays made for Mechs vs Minions. The component quality is very high with very large detailed miniatures. The cards are a little on the thin side, but decent. Player mats are nice thick cardboard, and each player's mat is unique to their character.

Game Play: I played 2 games with my 2 young kids (6 and 8). Rules were very simple to read and explain but I was worried that my 6 year old would have a hard time with it because of all of the reading on the cards. I was able to explain most of the cards to him though, and since you don't need to take cards, it worked out fine. After the first game and getting the kinks out, they wanted to play again. The kids enjoyed it, and it was an entertaining game to play. I'm not sure how well it will play with my gaming group, but it was definitely fun as a family game.

Overall: I'm happy with the game. Quality of the game is very high although cards could be thicker. Very nice miniatures, although, after playing it, they're really not that necessary. I would've been happier if they were half the size and the game was cheaper. Easy to learn and teach. Great family game. (Will try with an older group later)

Afterthought: It seemed at first that everyone was building their houses at the same rate and I thought there was something wrong. After playing the cards more, there's definitely a strategy to how to slow other players down and take advantage of certain moments. I think playing with adults will make this more obvious, otherwise with smaller kids, they just want to collect resources and build their homes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herefor Thecomments
Australia
flag msg tools
If a player mat is made of cardboard is it still a mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.