1 Posts

Victory in the Pacific» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 10 years since last played rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scott minde
United States
flag msg tools
Just completed a VASSAL game over a period of three days with an old friend. We used Xfire to speak to one another while playing, it worked out really well. I played the IJN and my friend played the USN and allies. Years ago I always played the USN, so this promised to be different.
Turn 1 was the basic VITP turn 1 with all location uncertains going to Hawaiian Islands and the USA. Turn 2 began with the IJN going after the Hawaiian Islands and a basic defense through Indonesia, South Pacfic, and Marshall Islands. The Amercians avoided combat this turn in Hawaiian Islands and attacked in Indonesia and South Pacfic, resulting in IJN victories in both areas. Turn 3, the IJN goes after both Hawaiian Islands and US Mandate, the Allies give Hawaiian Islands to the IJN and lose in US Mandate, positioning his fleet in Australia for Turn 4 limits the Americans greatly. Turn 4 again sees fighting in the South Pacfic and US Mandate the IJN wins in the South Pacfic, but after having all its Patrollers killed in the US Mandate retreats. Turn 5 will see the American with few ships and things look bleak, again the IJN fails to deliver the knockout blow, Turn 6 will be played! Turn 6 brings major combat to the Hawaiian Islands with the destruction of most of the American turn 6 reinforcements and the surrender of the Americans.
Both players are rusty after not playing in years, but the game was fun and talking to an old friend made it all the better. We'll start another game soon, as my friend hates to have a loss hanging over his head.arrrh
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.