Subject: Colorblind Stickers Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I have a friend with color blindness who struggles with this game and prefers Lorenzo because of a more distinguishable color scheme and solid resources. I know that Meeple Source has some resource meeples for this game, but the cards would still be off due to the cube colors. I’m interested in stickering the cards with the correct resource icons that would match the Meeple Source resource icons. Does anyone know how I could go about this process? It really is a shame that such a great game is both inaccessible to my friend and is also using cubes instead of high quality meeples and iconography (though I know not everyone has issues with cubes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My first inclination would be, once you receive the MeepleSource bits, place them on a scanner, and create graphics files consisting of the images replicated multiple times. Then print those on sticker paper.

Also, when you make your MeepleSource purchase, you might politely ask them if they have a graphic image of those bits, informing them of what you intend to do. Given it is their intellectual property, I can understand if they might decline, but it would not hurt to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
habanero86 wrote:
So, I have a friend with color blindness who struggles with this game and prefers Lorenzo because of a more distinguishable color scheme and solid resources. I know that Meeple Source has some resource meeples for this game, but the cards would still be off due to the cube colors. I’m interested in stickering the cards with the correct resource icons that would match the Meeple Source resource icons. Does anyone know how I could go about this process? It really is a shame that such a great game is both inaccessible to my friend and is also using cubes instead of high quality meeples and iconography (though I know not everyone has issues with cubes).

I’m said friend haha. I wonder if meeplesource would even provide the stickers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chess Landers
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
Played my first game tonight. The physical brown and red cubes I can struggle my way through, but the strudel/wine icons on the cards are impossible for me to differentiate. Was asking my partner constantly which resources I needed to complete a guest.

Such a great game, but I really wished they took this into consideration when picking the colours. I know it's thematic to have these colours, but they could have done more to help us colour-blind folk, even if they were just lighter/darker shades of the colours.

I'm going to need to investigate some sort of sticker setup too. I'm also considering attacking it with a paint-pen of some description, to colour in red icons another colour. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.