24 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: All stores out of stock. Next printing of Gloomhaven? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Loiselle
Canada
flag msg tools
I've been calling up stores all day, even the next province over, and the game is sold out practically everywhere. What most of the store owners are telling me is that the stock is completely dry and they have to wait for the next printing, which could be 6-7 months away (!!!!). The two places I did manage to find that carried it were selling it close to 250$ or something crazy like that.

I've never seen anything like this for a board game.

When is the next printing run planned? Is it accurate that we'll have to wait half a year for stores to restock?

Thanks to whoever (if anyone) can answer this!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charl van Niekerk
Canada
Wainfleet
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Pretty sure more stock is supposed to arrive early in February. Most online stores have a 'notify me when back in stock' option... I did that and got my copy on Jan 19th. Set that up and then you don't have to check daily.

South-western Ontario stores that can give you the same notification:
401 games
Meeplemart
Boardgamebliss
Greatboardgames... I assume when they have stock, your local stores will have stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next printing is already underway. They can only make so many at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charl van Niekerk
Canada
Wainfleet
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Best Buy online has Gloomhaven available for sale $160...shipping on Feb 1st. So more stock must be on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Have you ever played one of the Civilization video games, and you start a war with some bunch of upstart neighboring savages, and everything seems to be going fine?

But then it turns out they have an ally that's somewhat less savage and somewhat more technologically advanced that starts sending fleets of ships toward your ports? Like, they even have flight?

And so you go back to your cities like EVERYONE NEEDS TO START MAKING TANKS AND BATTLESHIPS YESTERDAY and click off every city to change them from building Wonders and hat factories and millineries and habadashers to making tanks and ships and marines and soldiers and riflemen?

And then every other turn you're taking a census of your cities like ARGH IT'S GOING TO TAKE THIS STUPID CITY 17 TURNS JUST TO MAKE ONE LOUSY CAVALRY UNIT?

It's like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
tumorous wrote:
Have you ever played one of the Civilization video games, and you start a war with some bunch of upstart neighboring savages, and everything seems to be going fine?

But then it turns out they have an ally that's somewhat less savage and somewhat more technologically advanced that starts sending fleets of ships toward your ports? Like, they even have flight?

And so you go back to your cities like EVERYONE NEEDS TO START MAKING TANKS AND BATTLESHIPS YESTERDAY and click off every city to change them from building Wonders and hat factories and millineries and habadashers to making tanks and ships and marines and soldiers and riflemen?

And then every other turn you're taking a census of your cities like ARGH IT'S GOING TO TAKE THIS STUPID CITY 17 TURNS JUST TO MAKE ONE LOUSY CAVALRY UNIT?

It's like that.

That brings back memories of having just happily researched cannons, only to be invaded by a new neighbor with tanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back luck. I was at 401 games on Friday and they had TONS of them on the shelves. Like, 30+ copies.

Man, they went FAST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hennin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bestbuy.ca still has 16 copies remaining, to echo what an earlier poster said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ngui
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Try Wood For Sheep in Markham. They have a few copies. I already had their Membership discount, which gives 10%off. I got Gloomhaven at $121 before taxes.
When I went in last week they just got another shipment in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IvanAtom the Humble
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, slightly overpriced, but still there:

https://legendswarehouse.ca/products/gloomhaven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your body requires Gloomhaven to live, then I would panic. Otherwise, just sit back and wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
I need 100,000 CCs of Cragheart, stat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are being produced and shipped constantly now; there's not going to be a big new "third release", but nor is there going to be a magical moment where everyone gets a huge shipment of them.

It's going to be like it is right now. Stores get a shipment, put it up on sale, it sells out pretty fast. Some other store gets a shipment, and so on. The good news is, this will keep happening until demand is satisfied, there's not going to be a big "wait one and a half years for a new printing" thing. The bad news is, nobody's quite sure when the demand will be satisfied at the current rate, so until it does they might go out of stock pretty soon after coming in.

Get yourself on a waitlist at either some reputable online store or at your FLGS. MSRP is 140, so anything that's up to 160ish is a fair price and not much of a scalping. I'd guess you can get it within a month or so, but I've got no secret information that you don't, so take my guess for what it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
I need 100,000 CCs of Cragheart, stat!

Waaaa??

No Ringers Lactate?

You clearly don't spend enough time watching meTV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Chan
msg tools
Third printing is underway

http://www.cephalofair.com/2018/01/new-printing-not-new-edit...

And also an update from a previous post on retail

http://www.cephalofair.com/2017/12/whats-happening-gloomhave...

Quote:

UPDATE: We’ll it looks like we are going to experience some shortages here. All distributors who pre-ordered are getting all the copies they pre-ordered, of course, but the left over copies we had as holdover are already spoken for, and there is already significant demand for more. So what does this mean? Retailers who didn’t pre-order are having a hard time getting their hands on copies and those who did pre-order have realized they need more copies, and are having a hard time getting a hold of those.

We are already working on printing more copies (though there is no clear timeline on when they will be available yet), and that is really all that can be done at this point. We did our best to anticipate demand, as I explained in this earlier post, but the problem is that it is more-or-less impossible. Retailers have a reactionary business model for the most part, and that doesn’t work when we need to anticipate demand months in the future. At the height of the Gloomhaven buzz earlier this year, I ran a Kickstarter, and then printed twice as many copies as what I sold through that. Turns out it wasn’t enough, and I guess now we just have to be patient while I print more. It’s a stupidly large game with a lot of components, so it may take a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mercury_sn wrote:

seeing the picture of the factory was neat.
I wonder how many misc cardboard tokens and/or stray cards are swept up at the end of the night/shift/week/whatever after having fallen out of the punchboard/cardpacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A.
msg tools
mb
Ordered one Monday night at Walmart for $139 free ship, but alas, they are gone.

edit: In stock at Amazon $133 Jan 31 12:08 Pacific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wickham
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can confirm Amazon currently has them for $133 + Tax. Just ordered mine from there for about $140 to be delivered Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
back in stock at Walmart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wickham
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Normiyagi wrote:

I find it crazy that walmart is stocking board games like this! I'll need to remember to start watching them now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
ftl_ftw wrote:
They are being produced and shipped constantly now; there's not going to be a big new "third release", but nor is there going to be a magical moment where everyone gets a huge shipment of them.

It's going to be like it is right now. Stores get a shipment, put it up on sale, it sells out pretty fast. Some other store gets a shipment, and so on. The good news is, this will keep happening until demand is satisfied, there's not going to be a big "wait one and a half years for a new printing" thing. The bad news is, nobody's quite sure when the demand will be satisfied at the current rate, so until it does they might go out of stock pretty soon after coming in.

Get yourself on a waitlist at either some reputable online store or at your FLGS. MSRP is 140, so anything that's up to 160ish is a fair price and not much of a scalping. I'd guess you can get it within a month or so, but I've got no secret information that you don't, so take my guess for what it's worth.

Not entirely true. There are copies coming in now from the KS printing. It's the same print as the ones from the other week, just that the exclusivity period for those distributors who pre-paid for their copies is now over.

After this lot go the next print won't be here until May (Chinese New Year happening soon and all that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
Some shops announced it for February in Europe, sold nothing, and now announced it for end of May or June.

What happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wickdawg01 wrote:
Normiyagi wrote:

I find it crazy that walmart is stocking board games like this! I'll need to remember to start watching them now....

they're trying to up their online-ordering game to compete with Amazon. Including more specialty items that are kept in a warehouse and either shipped out directly or utilizing their established distribution network to their stores to deliver stuff there for in-store pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus Gaona
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wickdawg01 wrote:
Can confirm Amazon currently has them for $133 + Tax. Just ordered mine from there for about $140 to be delivered Monday.

Congratulations, I got one as well. I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did because they went fast. It's back up to $190 US through another seller. I think our copies were direct from Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.