1 , 2  Next »   | 

Anachrony» Forums » General

Subject: Cost? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
So I see from some previous threads that the retail copy doesn't come with the mini's, but it's still $70.00 retail and the box shows the mini's in the game, not as an add on. And that the expansion isn't available in stores and costs more than the base game. Can some one explain what's going on with the developer? This game looks like a lot of fun and I'm really tempted to pick up a copy, but I don't want to back a company that is charging the same price as a copy of Scythe (that comes with all of the mechs that are a selling point of the game)when all they give us is the cheap plastic counters and the cardboard.

Yes I know online resources are cheaper, but I don't buy online unless necessary. I want my brick and mortar stores to stay open. I get more great suggestions there than anywhere else.

Any help with the justification for this would be great.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RRP for base game is $60 (direct from publisher). Exosuit Commander Pack is $40 and comes with a couple expansions in addition to the minis. The only other thing there is is a small deck of Doomsday cards for $8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you see the Exosuit Commander Pack is more than the base game? It's $40 (plus $9 shipping) directly from Mindclash.

There's a ton of stuff in the base game, though, which I think is worth their asking price. Sure, I wish the miniatures were in there, but then we'd be looking at a base price of around $100.

The retail cost of Scythe is $80. Once you add the Anachrony base game and the Commander Pack together, you've got a TON of stuff. It's a huge box and mine is crammed full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS has the exosuit commander pack in the brick and mortar store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'd be interested to see where you're seeing the base game with the minis depicted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair... Scythe's mechs are nowhere near as good as Anachrony's awesome giant (and functional!) exosuits.

The base copy of Anachrony (MSRP $65) also comes with an added module/expansion in the box. The Exosuit Commander Pack comes with another two modules/expansions (MSRP $50). MSRP of Anachrony + exosuits + 3 expansions = $115.

Scythe's two expansions come to a total MSRP of $55 (30 plus 25), plus the base game of $80, total out to $135. And to really make this fair, we have to include Scythe's 3rd expansion, but we have no idea yet how much that will be at full cost (let's be generous and say the lower of the other expansions, so 25). Minimum total of base game + mechs + 3 expansions = $160.

Anachrony's the better deal, by far.

ETA: I will also add that my experience with Mindclash's customer service has also been better than with Stonemaier's, and I'm happy to be supporting that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Brian Lewis

Like I said, this was from brick & mortar sources. Also a quick look through online sources site $65.00 and not $40.00 for the expansion pack.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Kevin M

As I said, this was brick & mortar sources, not from the company directly. I kinda stated that in my OP that I prefer brick and mortar sources because they provide better recommendations than online. Thanks for trying to answer the question, but I was hoping for something more.

Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Brendan Riley

Retail copy in my Brick & Mortar when they just got their shipment in. I'm not going to post pictures because it's off topic. Just looking for info not trolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Gannon Dubay

Thanks for the info, but that's not really helpful in making my decision.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emspace
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RBA1778 wrote:
Like I said, this was from brick & mortar sources. Also a quick look through online sources site $65.00 and not $40.00 for the expansion pack.

Thanks.

Sorry about your brick and mortar sources. You might want to ask them? It might be that their supply line is expensive? And trying to make back on shipping? And overhead on brick and mortar. If you want to support them, you have to understand they get to price the game however they want above their own costs. If they think it costs that much to keep the expansion around, that’s what it costs for them.

Not sure how you can make it the game developer’s problem how much over MSRP a LGS decides to price their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you're looking for, then. If the game is worth the price to you, buy it. If not, don't. Have you asked your FLGS about getting the expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Emspace

Not making it their problem and I do understand the issues with Brick & Mortar vending. To hopefully (hahaha) stem the tide of people asking me about shopping I have checked at three separate Brick & Mortar sources and several online sources who are not the creator.

I do not prefer to purchase directly from the vendor and that's my choice. If people don't like it fine, but I would appreciate it if everyone would keep their opinions to themselves since, on this particular point, your opinion was not solicited. I'm just looking to see if what's in the box is quality and worth purchasing.

I'm hoping to get some actually information regarding the game, but so far I seem to have just received a lot of critical posts with only one person providing their views of the game.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great game. It has a huge amount of components and replayability as well as an expansion included in the base game and two in the expansion with the minis.

Wasn't trying to be critical; apparently just misunderstood what you were asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
RBA1778 wrote:
Emspace

Not making it their problem and I do understand the issues with Brick & Mortar vending. To hopefully (hahaha) stem the tide of people asking me about shopping I have checked at three separate Brick & Mortar sources and several online sources who are not the creator.

I do not prefer to purchase directly from the vendor and that's my choice. If people don't like it fine, but I would appreciate it if everyone would keep their opinions to themselves since, on this particular point, your opinion was not solicited. I'm just looking to see if what's in the box is quality and worth purchasing.

I'm hoping to get some actually information regarding the game, but so far I seem to have just received a lot of critical posts with only one person providing their views of the game.

Thanks.

except in your original post you did blame the publisher for charging more for the expansion minis than the "cheap" base game and accused them of being deceitful by including the minis in pictures of the base game. Neither of these things are true. They are factual errors.

So, you were either 1) ignorant of this and thus people want to inform you, 2) misinformed in which case people want to correct you or 3) being deliberately provactive in which case people will be defensive with you. All of these things involve people disagreeing with your premise but you call that being a troll.

Had your question simply been "is this game worth the retail price? why or why not" you might have gotten more replies regarding the quality of the game. but your OP comes across as aggressive and accusatory. if you want better answers, ask better questions.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh? I'm with Désirée. Trolling is a big accusation to make here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RBA1778 wrote:
Brendan Riley

Retail copy in my Brick & Mortar when they just got their shipment in. I'm not going to post pictures because it's off topic. Just looking for info not trolls.

A troll is someone who intentionally annoys people just to annoy them. Accusing someone of trolling is against the rules here on BGG. If you think someone is trolling you should just hit the red X and report that way.

I wasn't trolling. Iwas curious because the only box art I've seen that includes minis is from the KS, which included the minis. I'm legitimately curious if the base box, with no minis, has minis pictured on it because that would be a really misleading. I was wondering if some online retailer was attaching the wrong image to the product.

I'm really curious, now, to see the base game box for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Osborne

Maryland
msg tools
Ok. I’m not getting what I was looking for from the post and just a lot of personal criticism. Sorry to have offended so many with my posts. Based on the reception I’ve received here I’ll stick to my standard sources, rather than continue to offend.

Thank you all for your time. Doubley so to those who provided information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
RBA1778 wrote:
Brendan Riley

A troll is someone who intentionally annoys people just to annoy them. Accusing someone of trolling is against the rules here on BGG. If you think someone is trolling you should just hit the red X and report that way.

I wasn't trolling. Iwas curious because the only box art I've seen that includes minis is from the KS, which included the minis. I'm legitimately curious if the base box, with no minis, has minis pictured on it because that would be a really misleading. I was wondering if some online retailer was attaching the wrong image to the product.

It's is possible that Geoff is confusing the two boxes. This is the game box:

And this is the expansion box:

Given the overall tone of the thread this wouldn't surprise me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost wonder if his Brick & Mortar store is selling the KS version that includes minis. Thus the box showing them. Although $70 would be a rather good price considering it was $79 directly from the KS, but maybe they got bulk pricing or are discounting it or something.

(Although unlikely if they just got a new shipment in.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
wombat929 wrote:
RBA1778 wrote:
Brendan Riley

Can you snap a pick of the back of the core box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Lol...OP is hilarious. His post boils down to:

OP: "Game is more expensive at my FLGS!"

US: "Get it online"

OP: "I don't want to. I want to support my FLGS!"

US: "Then get it there"

OP: "You guys suck! I'm never coming back here again!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Relax wrote:
wombat929 wrote:
RBA1778 wrote:
Brendan Riley

Can you snap a pick of the back of the core box?

As far as I know, the core box is the same as the box that the "Leader Box" from the Kickstarter used (except for the sleeve of course) (and I'm only talking about the actual box, the carton with print on it, not the content). My Kickstarter-box has a fairly prominent drawing of an Octopod exosuit on the back, but there is no depiction of exosuit miniatures. Looking closely, there are actually pictures of some of the exosuit tokens though (which are of course included in the base game box).

EDIT: Here's a photo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! On seeing this, I checked and the Leader box that came with the Kickstarter is the same, minus the art sleeve which I accidentally tore and have thus thrown out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:
Thanks! On seeing this, I checked and the Leader box that came with the Kickstarter is the same, minus the art sleeve which I accidentally tore and have thus thrown out.

Just to be clear; mine is the Leader Box. But I'm 99 % sure the retail box is the same box, just not the same content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.