Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Another Best Party Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marek Przadka
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I are starting a 2 player campaign and he's already decided to go with the Brute. Initially, I was thinking of going with the Mindthief but now am leaning toward either the Scoundrel or Spellweaver.

Anyone have any advice that can help me decide one way or another? From what I read, both the Scoundrel and Spellweaver pair well with the Brute.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any of these 3 classes will work fine. The Brute is a flexible character that can lean into area attacks to soften up foes for the Spellweaver, or stuns to keep the Mindthief safe, or single target damage to trade kills with the Scoundrel.

Just remember that the Brute may look like a tank but at level 1 he really isn't. (He only gets powerful damage reduction abilities at higher levels.) You will have to take some hits from enemies once in a while so he can rest, even if you're a fragile Spellweaver.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brute and scoundrel combo is quite awesome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Brute + [any class] is going to be good.

Brute + Scoundrel makes the Scoundrel better in a 2p game than she usually is. Both are melee, so her abilities will fire more often.

Brute + Spellweaver is the classic range + melee combo.

I would suggest either:

Brute + Mindthief because the Mindthief is so versatile and with a tank to soak hits she can focus on awesome damage.

Brute + Cragheart because Cragheart is one of the best classes in the game. ABC, Always Be Craghearting.

The Cragheart can fill multiple roles simultaneously. Build for heals and range to compliment the Brute and you'll clean up. Cragheart gives a lot more board control options as well.

#Cragheart4Life

6 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Avatar
You could pair the Brute with a ham sandwich and still make it through most of the scenarios without any problems. Brute's a beast. Everything goes well with 'im.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
You could pair the Brute with a ham sandwich and still make it through most of the scenarios without any problems. Brute's a beast. Everything goes well with 'im.

Is this a spoiler?! You really should use the spoiler tags.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Robinson
Canada
flag msg tools
Xaqery wrote:
Joou wrote:
You could pair the Brute with a ham sandwich and still make it through most of the scenarios without any problems. Brute's a beast. Everything goes well with 'im.

Is this a spoiler?! You really should use the spoiler tags.


I don't understand how that's a spoiler? It's more like an opinion. I could say, "Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie," and nobody would say, "That's a spoiler!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrjane wrote:
Xaqery wrote:
Joou wrote:
You could pair the Brute with a ham sandwich and still make it through most of the scenarios without any problems. Brute's a beast. Everything goes well with 'im.

Is this a spoiler?! You really should use the spoiler tags.


I don't understand how that's a spoiler? It's more like an opinion. I could say, "Shawshank Redemption is an amazing movie," and nobody would say, "That's a spoiler!"

Sorry. I was joking. I was joking that ham sandwich is code for an unlocked character class.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.