Subject: Rule Questions for card effects and tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathias G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

I got some questions regarding card effects and tiles. Most are likely easy to answer but I just want to make sure I play the game the right and intended way.

1) Does the Alien Scientist increase the damage of all aliens or just those on the same tile? Does the effect stack?

2) Does the destroy effect deal damage to all players on a tile or just to the player who destroyed it?

3) Why does the Zombie Horde have a short range indicator?

4) To complete a mission (for example the Tutorial), do I need to place Fuel on the van or do I just need to have it equipped in order to escape?

5) Do I reveal all tiles I move through when using Fireman's Stamina/Horse/Motorcycle or just the one I end my move on?

6) Must the targets be on the same tile when using Flame Arrows, adjacent to the target or do I choose them by mid range?

7) May I draw a gear out of the scavenger discard pile with Resourceful/Repair? Am I allowed to equip gear of other players this way by picking out of their discard pile and putting it into my play area?

8) Where do I place the monster token after using Camouflage? If it's placed on my tile, must I pass a stealth test when leaving the tile or if I scavenge on the tile?

9) Must I have the gear already equipped when using Read the Manual or just on hand?

10) Does the Dog Collar negate the damage of the action Bite Em/reduce the damage of Dog Whistle?

11) Do Dog Tags reduce the damage of the action Keep Your Paws Of Em?

12) When using Quick Thinking, do I choose the pile to draw a scavenge card from or must it match the tile I'm on?

13) May I pick myself for Steroid Shot/Adrenaline Shot?

14) Does health restoration only increase for myself or every other player as well when Scrubs/Scalpel is equipped? Does the effect stack?

15) If I enter/end my turn on the Hospital tile as the Veteran, do I restore health for The Dog and Veteran or do I have to choose?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one question too about the adrenaline shot etc. It says pick a player, does this player need to be on the same space? It doesnt really say but I would expect them to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenzie316 wrote:
I have one question too about the adrenaline shot etc. It says pick a player, does this player need to be on the same space? It doesnt really say but I would expect them to be.

This was answered in another thread. Mike Gnade confirmed that there is no range requirement, for balancing purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) All Aliens and Yes it stacks! those scientists are rough

2) Just the player that destroys it.

3) Zombie Horde has short range because it deals damage to everyone on that tile.

4) If you have it equipped, it's a free action to fuel up the van so it doesn't really matte.

5) Yes you reveal all the tiles, the exception to this rule is Ranger's "Hoof it" which specifically says to not reveal.

6) Any 2 additional targets in MidRange.

7) Yes and Yes

8) You place it on your tile. As stated by the rules, you only attempt a stealth test when entering a space with a token, not if you're on a space with a token.

9) You just need it in hand.

10) Yes

11) Yes

12) Pick from any pile

13) Yes

14) Only for the surgeon/yourself but it does stack.

15) Restore for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan miller
msg tools
I had many of the same questions when I played. Thanks for the answers! I love this game and played it 6 times solo in the same day because I wanted to try out each monster type!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers. I actually think we played every rule correctly by intuition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4) to clarify what Mike says... you do need to get back to the van with the fuel however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M p
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
On 14, if I have both Scrubs/Scalpel, does my special ability make me heal 3 health every time I use it? On both when I use it on myself, as well as when I use it on another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.