Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ghost spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maccio Capatonda
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 1 place in reputation track, I Put my spectral worker where my opponent has a ghost. Who can place first the influence on reputation track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Holder
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO Ghost. Minion abilities are resolved before workers. As the minion ability triggers by you placing the worker there, then the worker resolves his placement.

However, I'm not 100% certain and would love to see others feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see it going either way, given that the spectral worker triggers when you place it and the ghost minion triggers when an opponent places a worker on it. Just for clarity, I'll say that the player with the spectral worker may gain reputation first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Holder
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I could see it going either way, given that the spectral worker triggers when you place it and the ghost minion triggers when an opponent places a worker on it. Just for clarity, I'll say that the player with the spectral worker may gain reputation first.

mariottide, there you have it, from the designer himself!

I think it makes more sense this way, thematically. The bigger spectral worker causes more of rumors and reputation to be spread than your everyday ghost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maccio Capatonda
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this an "official answer"???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maccio Capatonda
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jamie for your answers and for this awesome game. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keillor
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About that ghost and the rule that went with it..

I'll put in spoilers to be safe.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
What a brilliant idea to give the last place player the power to choose final campaign scoring. I thought initially that she could hand the cards to the people that she wanted to, which would have been great, and maybe helped her close the gap a bit. Slightly disappointed that it didn't work like that upon further review, but still a good idea with the variable scoring. She plans on finishing the game as the ghost as well, which I find funny with 3 more to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.