Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have multiple Daimyo - say you have acquired Yurei the Daimyo Monster, can you resolve Way of the Keiri once for each Daimyo? Or is it just the once but you can choose which Daimyo's Province?

'At the start of war phase: Kill up to 2 bushi or shinto in your Daimyo's province and gain 3VP for each.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think not. Yurei counts as a Daimyo but it is not your Daimyo as this card says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes counts, that's the benefit of having multiple Daimyo, to combo with these cards. The Mountain set adds a couple new Daimyo buffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Its The Battle of the Bens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Warlock00 wrote:
Yes counts, that's the benefit of having multiple Daimyo, to combo with these cards. The Mountain set adds a couple new Daimyo buffs.

I agree that it counts, also. This sounds like it's an effective synergy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omninom wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

Sure - but that means that this one free card can easily get you 12VP and tactically remove 4 bushi/shinto before war. I think keeping the total killed to 2 but allow them to be selected from either of your Daimyo Provinces might make more sense from a balance perspective, especially compared with other similar season cards scoring 6-9VP without any additional tactical advantage on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redking wrote:
omninom wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

Sure - but that means that this one free card can easily get you 12VP and tactically remove 4 bushi/shinto before war. I think keeping the total killed to 2 but allow them to be selected from either of your Daimyo Provinces might make more sense from a balance perspective, especially compared with other similar season cards scoring 6-9VP without any additional tactical advantage on top.

But losing 4 force is surely a huge power shift? I feel like this would only be worth pulling off if you are uncertain about getting the extra points for 7 province tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redking wrote:
'At the start of war phase: Kill up to 2 bushi or shinto in your Daimyo's province and gain 3VP for each.'

The way it's worded, you can only kill up to 2 bushi. If you have multiple Daimyo then you could kill Bushi from 2 different provinces, (as they are both in your Daimyo's province) but still only a maximum of 2 Bushi across the entire map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Redking wrote:

The way it's worded, you can only kill up to 2 bushi. If you have multiple Daimyo then you could kill Bushi from 2 different provinces, (as they are both in your Daimyo's province) but still only a maximum of 2 Bushi across the entire map.

I agree that this interpretation makes the most sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwissQueso wrote:
Redking wrote:
omninom wrote:
Warlock00 wrote:

But losing 4 force is surely a huge power shift? I feel like this would only be worth pulling off if you are uncertain about getting the extra points for 7 province tokens

You don't have to kill your own shinto/bushi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hodgson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maebon wrote:
Redking wrote:

Does this mean that the similarly worded Path of Sengoku doesn't trigger for both your Daimyo in that case? That would seem pretty weak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Maebon wrote:

No no, definitely not. Every Daimyo buffing card is worded in the context of singular.

The game rewards stacking and combos, unless stated otherwise.

If you have 2 Daimyo then you can potentially kill up to 4 pieces.

The Mountain set is the epic Daimyo combo set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Baumgartner
Austria
Zwischenwasser
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally there is a new FAQ 2.0 out that clarifies that point.

If you have multiple Daimyos you can kill up to do Bushi or Shinto on each province.

See:https://tesera.ru/images/items/1217779/Rising_Sun_FAQ_2.0.pd...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.