The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be any reviews from well known media? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all. I know The Dice Tower already got their copy, but I don't think they are planning on doing the review any time soon. So... Anyone else?

Maybe we (the comunity) should make some presure on TDT and other reviewers?

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s a wildly popular IP. Most people don’t even have it yet. I’m sure with in a few weeks there will be lots of reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rudis21 wrote:
It’s a wildly popular IP. Most people don’t even have it yet. I’m sure with in a few weeks there will be lots of reviews.

I hope so... But on the video Tom Vassel did on the studio tour, for example, the game was on a shelf he said had games that might never get reviewed, depending on their feeling to do it so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you backed, just open and play to see if you like it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who cares is tom plays it, his opinions are suspect considering some stuff. If you want to see someone play it and give an opinion of it, Rhado did a play though of the prototype and that was before it dot even more polished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Assuming you backed, just open and play to see if you like it?

I haven't recieved it yet. Also, I like the reviews both for knowledge and entertainment purposes.

godzilla999666 wrote:
Who cares is tom plays it, his opinions are suspect considering some stuff. If you want to see someone play it and give an opinion of it, Rhado did a play though of the prototype and that was before it dot even more polished.

I care... And I like his opinions. The same could be said for any reviewer, including Rahdo. I've already seen Rahdo's video. I like to listen to all opinions so I can make up my own opinion, and that includes playing the game afterwards. But as I said above, I like them for enterteinment purposes too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Ivybridge
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
godzilla999666 wrote:

What do you mean by suspect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martynking3 wrote:
godzilla999666 wrote:

What do you mean by suspect?

I would guess he means that he suspects that Tom is paid to say he likes certain games?

I don't know anything about that, but I find Tom's overviews very informative and I enjoy his videos and then make my own decision from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watch reviews more for entertainment than anything else.

I like Rahdo runthoughs quite a bit to learn and get a feel for a game, but he’s so enthusastic that he makes the game seem more fun than it really is. I don’t care for his final thoughts at all anymore though - he can find theme in an empty box and he’s so enthusastic about everything that there’s no value in his opinion (for me).

I don’t think Tom is suspect. He just plays so many games that he can’t possibly give them the time of day, and if he has a bad day himself it will show in his review. It must be tough to remain enthusastic about games when you’re opening box after box each week with new stuff to play/review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather play a game with out any outside opinions. As I have seen it influence people’s decisions negatively against a game. Watching a play thru to see how it is played is one thing But, over all I do not like critics in games, movies, etc as it always seems there is some bias in thier review. People need to stop letting the internet make decisions for them and use thier freedom of mind to make their own decisions if they like something or not. Miniature quality is a lot better than ghost busters and it is more challenging. I like the game I give it a 👍🏻
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Zodiac 26 wrote:
I would rather play a game with out any outside opinions. As I have seen it influence people’s decisions negatively against a game. Watching a play thru to see how it is played is one thing But, over all I do not like critics in games, movies, etc as it always seems there is some bias in thier review. People need to stop letting the internet make decisions for them and use thier freedom of mind to make their own decisions if they like something or not.

Zodiac 26 wrote:
I like the game I give it a 👍🏻

Oh man...
You shouldn't have said that.
Now, I'm biased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Zodiac 26 wrote:
I would rather play a game with out any outside opinions. As I have seen it influence people’s decisions negatively against a game. Watching a play thru to see how it is played is one thing But, over all I do not like critics in games, movies, etc as it always seems there is some bias in thier review. People need to stop letting the internet make decisions for them and use thier freedom of mind to make their own decisions if they like something or not.

Zodiac 26 wrote:
I like the game I give it a 👍🏻

Oh man...
You shouldn't have said that.
Now, I'm biased.

Exactly my thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.