Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rose
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In playing the game...I can see the reason for completing the explorations for the various missions...but does a player gain anything by exploring said locations that may not be part of a mission profile? If there is a rule for this...please point it out to me.

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the locations may offer valuable minerals or...other things; but aside from that, no, not really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nocturnal Carnivore

California
msg tools
Exploration in expansions
A few locations have something on them that's valuable if samples are brought back to Earth - for example valuable minerals worth money, or something worth more or less than money. Usually that's not a good enough reason to check them out if you're not already "in the area." If you're going to Mars and can also explore Phobos, you should try to.

However, the expansions change this somewhat.

Outer Planets has "explorable" missions. When you explore a gas giant's moon (or the gas giant itself), it may spawn a new mission that you can conduct there, and those missions are worth points.

Stations extends the exploration (in a not-quite-compatible way) to the inner planets by having you discover something new each of the first few times you visit a planet or moon. Some of these discoveries are worth points. Occasionally you may discover life, which is always a goal in Stations and very likely to be game-winning if you bring it back to Earth. For me this makes Mars worth visiting if I can, even with a fairly sophisticated mission, and even if there isn't an obvious reason to go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.