Hide
15 Posts

Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Changes you would love to see... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Sutton
msg tools
Been testing the game over on TTS and love it but my regular gaming group came up with the following suggestions that we hope will be implemented. Definitely planning to house rule these and test them out...

1. Would love to see players have to make a noise roll during any round they fire their weapon. The sound of the shooting would attract intruders.

2. Also want to see an increased chance of the queen spawning in the nest if somebody is shooting at the eggs. She would totally be showing up to protect the eggs.

3. And I would love to see any intruders shot at by a human follow that human for one or two rooms if the human runs. I love the random movement of intruders as determined by the cards drawn in the movement phase...but any intruder shot at by a human would be chasing them for a bit instead of just going in some random direction.

Love the game after playing it and totally jumping on the KS. Can't wait to have it in-hand.

Has anybody else tried it out and come up with anything you would like to see changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
Shorter playtime
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cunningham
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Keep in mind that the 'noise' rolls are actually for the presence of Intruders. So I would have my suggestion be to rename the mechanic from noise to presence or a similar term to better reflect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Olivas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes noise is not just noise but kind of trail, it includes the scent and footprints

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the way the current mechanics work as they make the Intruders feel alien. Your suggestion would make them feel too human for my taste.

wtsutton wrote:
1. Would love to see players have to make a noise roll during any round they fire their weapon. The sound of the shooting would attract intruders.
Like others have stated: the roll isn't for the Intruders detecting you, it's you detecting an Intruder. I don't think they're hunting us, so there's no reason for them to come running towards the sounds.

wtsutton wrote:
2. Also want to see an increased chance of the queen spawning in the nest if somebody is shooting at the eggs. She would totally be showing up to protect the eggs.
Due to the infective nature of their reproduction, I wouldn't find it strange for Intruder to not protect their eggs. Because if they're to protective, the chances of infection go down.

wtsutton wrote:
3. And I would love to see any intruders shot at by a human follow that human for one or two rooms if the human runs. I love the random movement of intruders as determined by the cards drawn in the movement phase...but any intruder shot at by a human would be chasing them for a bit instead of just going in some random direction.
Why would they? They don't see us as a serious threat, just as reproduction containers. Would you chase after a wild dog, just because he got a lucky shot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...I think there's some merit to what the OP suggests; maybe not all of them, but the Queen responding to someone screwing with her eggs would make some sense (after all, she is reproducing for a reason, and it can't be because she sees Breeders as attractivekiss).
Perhaps if someone steals/kills and egg, you could add 1 extra queen token to the bag to signify that you made her very, very mad. (Perhaps only the first time it happens...)
AR is soliciting direct suggestions from the public if you want to suggest anything (and I am certain they are considering all of them...good or not). Check the final FAQ on their page (I think it is FAQ 41??) for the link.

EDIT: BTY: AR is considering changing turn order that 1) uses a new first player each turn, and 2) MAY (may) even change structure to have each player do 1-2 actions, followed by next player, etc for an entire round (to mitigate downtime, although IMHO, that may end up slowing down the total game time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antares Rangers wrote:
EDIT: BTY: AR is considering changing turn order that 1) uses a new first player each turn, and 2) MAY (may) even change structure to have each player do 1-2 actions, followed by next player, etc for an entire round (to mitigate downtime, although IMHO, that may end up slowing down the total game time...)

IIRC they said they had tested it like that early on, but it caused the game to slow down even more as the boardstate changes to much between action 1/2 & 3/4 (& 5/6), causing players to reevaluate their actions every time. Although they're willing to look at it again now, since the game has changed a lot since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I more like the game as it is. If the aliens followed you instantly, there would not be a reason for you to try to run away.

Take it that way: the aliens are afraid of you just like you are afraid of them. They will kill you if they can, but they still may have good reasons to to pursue you. And you still have the exclamation mark roll, where they will chase you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
I more like the game as it is. If the aliens followed you instantly, there would not be a reason for you to try to run away.

Take it that way: the aliens are afraid of you just like you are afraid of them. They will kill you if they can, but they still may have good reasons to to pursue you. And you still have the exclamation mark roll, where they will chase you.

Yep. What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Engel
Canada
flag msg tools
I would love to see more potentially conflicting secret goals.

Not nessesarily straight up betrayal goals like blow up the ship or kill player 2. When you see those it is obvious that choosing them is going to put you against the rest the of the crew.

But stuff that could or couldn't be contrary to what the rest of the crew is trying to do.

Maybe something like keeping the specimens intact where your goal is to not allow any research actions on alien corpses.

More goals that involve taking the ship to different destinations. So in a 5 player game you could have 2 people wanting to go to Mars, 2 wanting to go Earth and 1 wanting to go to Venus.

Bring the queen back alive, where you goal is just not to let her die. Unless someone draws the kill the queen card this is super easy to achieve.

Goals that could be directly contrary to what another player is trying to accomplish but not really directly trying to work against them. I think it adds a very unique element to semi-cooperative nature of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stever

New Jersey
msg tools
I backed this game cause it looks awesome, but the only thing I would add/change is give the players like a secondary objective. Like something in the mean time and smaller. Like make a flamethrower or kill 2aliens or something like that. Cause I've noticed in some play throughs that you can get an easy objective and finishing quick then really have nothing to look too. Just a thought. Still super pumped for this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S

East Valley
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full co-op. No traitor nonsense. I won't back without this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strzyzewski
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Delta Walker wrote:

There is a full co-op mode.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Indalecio
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkard1 wrote:
Delta Walker wrote:

Would you mind sharing the details?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yttrenolv wrote:
Arkard1 wrote:
Delta Walker wrote:

Would you mind sharing the details?

It's included as 1 of the stretch goals, but that's pretty much all we know right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.