Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » VIC (Melbourne)

Subject: Welcome Stranger Gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the gaming group and I have started playing around with streaming on twitch, we have played around with our layouts and format a little over the last few months, and are rather happy with where we are, at the moment.

I had noticed that a lot of streamers of board games were US based, and thus, stream during our day time. So we thought, hey, why not stream our plays, and anyone who is bored or not already playing games could pop in for a chat.

Being new to it, we are still coming to terms with being on air, and engaging with the very little audience we have had on previous streams.

We hope to develop the stream into much more as the year goes on, but currently we are streaming our "Play It Three Times", which is basically one of the group picks a game, and we play it three times. Typically games we haven't played in ages, or not at all, to see if it was really worth backing on Kickstarter or buying from the cheap bin, As well as our monthly "Legacy Gaming" sessions, which is us playing Pandemic Legacy (we currently have our first month up on youTube from our previous play)

We would love any 'Strangers' to drop by and have a chat, subscribe, follow, etc.

Currently we are on
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/WelcomeStrangerGaming
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WelcomeStrangerGaming
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/WelcomeStrangerGaming
youTube (for post-streamed videos): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErN0NsGo9fieL7ubBzxtOQ

We aren't in it for any profit, we are simply in it for the fun and love of board gaming, we have had to buy equipment from our own back pockets, and would love to develop the studio even more, so donations are more than welcomed.

So, if you're bored or not 'board' gaming on Thursday at 8PM AEST, jump on over to our twitch page and chat with us, while we attempt to play Rising Sun, and give us your feed back here, there, or facebook.

And feel free to follow us on any or all of our social media pages!

TL;DR: Aussie board gamers are streaming on Twitch, most Thursday nights at 8:00PM(ish) AEST. This Thursday we play Rising Sun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart M
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
Re: New Twitch Steamers: Welcome Stranger Gaming
Cool, gave you a follow.

You might want to edit the sentence beginning "Twitch is a odd...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
mbmbmbmbmb
You may also want to change the title of your thread or you may get people thinking you're only going to play really bad games.

Edit: And again in the YouTube link! (Hang on what sort of stream is this?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marr
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck! I'll see if I can find time to watch.

Also jelly you got your copy of RS before I did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to do anything special to allow different video qualities? My internet is ordinary tonight, but the web player in Twitch only has Auto and 720p to choose from. So that's what Auto is trying.

I thought it would just give you auto downgrade qualities without the person uploading it to do anything special. Do you see more than one quality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Twitch Streamers: Welcome Stranger Gaming
mjdart wrote:
Do you have to do anything special to allow different video qualities? My internet is ordinary tonight, but the web player in Twitch only has Auto and 720p to choose from. So that's what Auto is trying.

I thought it would just give you auto downgrade qualities without the person uploading it to do anything special. Do you see more than one quality?

Fixed up the hot steamers to streamers. Lol. Derp.

As for twitch, unaffiliated streams only get to stream at the bitrate and size they upload it at. Which can suck for people with not so much internet. Once a stream becomes afflicted it allows for transcoding. So people could view it at lower quality etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Twitch Streamers: Welcome Stranger Gaming
jazzee wrote:
Best of luck! I'll see if I can find time to watch.

Also jelly you got your copy of RS before I did

Funnily enough I wasn't expecting it. It came in last Tuesday. Which in a way is perfect timing. Just hope we have enough time to read the rules and play it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Australia
Melbourne
Outside USA
flag msg tools
mb
I read the subject as another gaming group starting off in the pub on Bourke St.

http://thewelcomestranger.com.au/

Welcome Stranger Hotel
Classic bistro meals and all-day breakfast on the weekends in a modern pub with live sports on TV.
Address: 128 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000

Oh well carry on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Smith
Australia
Mount Helen
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish we were big enough to be a gaming cafe, but no, just a group of guys and girls playing games.
"Welcome Stranger" just fitted well being the play on words of welcoming strangers into our homes, but also, because it being the name of one of the largest gold nuggets found in Victoria. there are a number of things named after the "Welcome Stranger", but none that we could find that were gaming related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.