Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Looking to buy all KS add-ons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Voss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Unfortunately I was not an original backer so I am seeking out someone who is willing to sell me all KS add-ons. I would prefer to buy them at KS cost. Thank you to anyone who contacts me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huonker
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bid $2 dollars more..... maybe $3

Just kidding. wondering the same question. Wasn't aware of the Kickstarter and discovered the game at GenCon. Didn't worry about it because they said the add-ons would be available through retail. Was bummed when they announced only a few would be available in retail and the rest are Kickstarters only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkhuonker wrote:

Just kidding. wondering the same question. Wasn't aware of the Kickstarter and discovered the game at GenCon. Didn't worry about it because they said the add-ons would be available through retail. Was bummed when they announced only a few would be available in retail and the rest are Kickstarters only.

Actually its the opposite. Only 3 of the 12 expansions are KS only, the rest will be in retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misfiring wrote:
bkhuonker wrote:

Actually its the opposite. Only 3 of the 12 expansions are KS only, the rest will be in retail.

Why I hope certainly that's the case for those looking to get them, but thought I read something like 5 or 6 of them will be KS only in an update or somewhere. KS exclusives suck, imho - even when I benefit from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huonker
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard mixed numbers s well. The 3 only Kickstarters makes me feel better. Will just have to look for them on the secondary markets.

Not a fan of exclusives myself. I get the rewarding those taking a leap of faith, but would rather see packaged deals at better prices than exclusives. Sucks for those who didn't know or coming in late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Iron King, Four Kings, Guardian Dragon and the metal aggro token and Solaire summon (IIRC?) are the only KS exclusives. Everything else should hit retail eventually, with Manus, Executioner Chariot (and a third one?) being retail exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, these are all the expansions currently (does not include upcoming ones e.g. Painted World), separated into General and Mega Boss. Among the 10 Mega Boss, 3 are KS Exclusive, and 3 are Retail Exclusive (not available to normal backers until general availability). All of the Mega Boss that goes into retail is predicted to have low availability:

Quote:
...it is unlikely the Mega Boss Expansions will be readily available - due to quantity and demand.

All general expansions will be released to retail, starting with Darkroot Basin due to it being produced first.

Mega Boss Expansions

Black Dragon Kalameet and Gaping Dragon has MSRP of $60, the rest are $50. No words on Retail Exclusive ones but its mostly one of the two prices.

Gaping Dragon
Black Dragon Kalameet
Asylum Demon
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
The Four Kings (KS Exclusive)
Guardian Dragon (KS Exclusive)
Old Iron King (KS Exclusive)
The Last Giant (Retail Exclusive)
Manus, Father of the Abyss (Retail Exclusive)
Executioner Chariot (Retail Exclusive)

General Expansions

Darkroot Basin has MSRP of $50, so expect the Iron Keep to be the same. No words on the rest but since they're minor expansions they'll be in the ballpark of $30.

Darkroot Basin expansion
Iron Keep expansion
Player Character + Armour Set expansion
Explorer expansion (KS Backers get a KSE Metal Aggro Token)
Phantoms expansion

Darkroot Basin and Iron Keep are major expansions, they add new enemies, new bosses, and new mechanics. Explorer expansion adds 2 new enemies, a new boss, and some miniatures to replace the tokens in base game. Player Character + Armour Set (the combination is a late decision from SFG so they might have a new official name later) adds 6 new characters and the armour set equipments (no word on how they work). Phantoms expansion adds Invaders and Summons mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure a lotta people would sell in the future but nobody has got the KS add-on yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.