Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In every game, any player who gets to the City/Capital gets to choose a Factory card (Action+move) and adds it to their player/prodution board.

As I feel that card is really an extension of the player/production board, I am wondering if I can "pimp" them so that they look like the playerboard extensions.
Has anyone else though of sticking those cards to some cardboard/cork to make them at the right height with the rest of the player/production board?

regards
D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just cut out a piece of card the right size and thickness and simply place it next to the faction board, then you can just place the factory card on top of it. I'd prefer that to sticking the actual factory card on to something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe cut a same thickness piece of foam board or similar and add a covering to it, say piece of plastic. Place next to player board, and when you get your factory card, slide it in plastic ? Would look ok I guess meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Maybe cut a same thickness piece of foam board or similar and add a covering to it, say piece of plastic. Place next to player board, and when you get your factory card, slide it in plastic ? Would look ok I guess meeple

That looks like a good idea. I didnt just want to place the card on top, OCD, blah..., but the plastic slide option is worth think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipakSomak wrote:
Xhawk wrote:

That looks like a good idea. I didnt just want to place the card on top, OCD, blah..., but the plastic slide option is worth think about.

If you found the right size card sleeve, this would work awesome. I would go with one that's a little larger than the actual card so that it's easy to switch out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone were to come up with something, the first thing I would advise is to change the movement iconography to clarify what it means. I would suggest a single runner icon followed by a "+1" to more accurately describe what is meant. Rather than the core rules: move a single unit "twice," which, along with the current iconography on the Factory card, implies a double move (which confused some regarding the "speed" ability and airships "range"). Some also argue that a single runner icon implies move one hex, which until airships, was a misinterpretation of no consequence. But now, obviously, as runner icons are revealed across the top of the movement action, some units will be moved by them more than one hex.

With the change to the movement portion of the Factory card, the single runner followed by +1 would easily be seen to mean: Move a single unit up to its range (applying speed if applicable), then add one additional hex. This would also have the effect of removing possible ambiguity in the Wind Gambit rule for airships using the Factory card move action. Wish it had been that way from the start...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

If you found the right size card sleeve, this would work awesome. I would go with one that's a little larger than the actual card so that it's easy to switch out.

Oh wow...for a minute there, I was thinking of perspex cover like they sell on etsy for Istanbul, etc. But sleeves are definitely easier....thanks for the suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
If someone were to come up with something, the first thing I would advise is to change the movement iconography to clarify what it means. I would suggest a single runner icon followed by a "+1" to more accurately describe what is meant. Rather than the core rules: move a single unit "twice," which, along with the current iconography on the Factory card, implies a double move (which confused some regarding the "speed" ability and airships "range"). Some also argue that a single runner icon implies move one hex, which until airships, was a misinterpretation of no consequence. But now, obviously, as runner icons are revealed across the top of the movement action, some units will be moved by them more than one hex.

With the change to the movement portion of the Factory card, the single runner followed by +1 would easily be seen to mean: Move a single unit up to its range (applying speed if applicable), then add one additional hex. This would also have the effect of removing possible ambiguity in the Wind Gambit rule for airships using the Factory card move action. Wish it had been that way from the start...

I understand your comment, but i wasnt going to modify the content of the cards...I was just hoping to make them feel flush with the bottom player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.