Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
richard dibello
United States
dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Do Raiders ever get reconverted into Patrollers again? If so, where am I missing this in the rules?

Thanks for any help with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You choose which ships will raid and which will patrol during each movement phase.

Raiding (and patrolling) only lasts to the end of each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herr
United States
Palos Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyhotep wrote:
You choose which ships will raid and which will patrol during each movement phase.

Raiding (and patrolling) only lasts to the end of each turn.

To elaborate on that if I may, all ships are flipped to their patrolling side at the beginning of each turn, and are deliberately inverted to their raiding side in port when patrollers move, or at random when they fail a speed roll while moving as a patroller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple answer: Not directly, but at the end of the turn all ships return to bases or ports - and there is no raiding vs patrolling in harbor, only when at sea. Next turn any ships can patrol or raid regardless of what they did at any previous point.

Detailed answer: Generally ships are all turned patroller side up in port, but that's just for uniformity's sake, they aren't actually patrolling anything. Most people put them all colored-side-up, but I like to put my cruisers and battleships colored-side-up and the carriers white-side-up, it really doesn't matter. What matters is that when you patrol, each ship that patrols is placed colored-side-up in the sea zone. Anything you repaired in port is also colored-side up, and then everything else should be in port white-side up, ready to raid in a later step (this way you can delineate which ships in port can move and which ones cannot move due to being repaired, although usually this is easy enough to remember, and some people also mark their repair ships with a temporary disabled marker).

Also note, that just in case, it's been ruled that accidentally forgetting to flip a ship to white-side-up doesn't make you ineligible to use it as a raider (it's not meant to be a "haha - gotcha!" rule) just turn it white-side-up whenever you notice it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard dibello
United States
dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone! That's how I'll play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.