Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Vieira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

I am playing GOA with the CP.
My option was West First , and in the process Konigsberg is out of supply.
Can I use sea supply to avoid be out of supply ?

Thanks
Luís
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can supply Konigsberg by sea.

How much supply you can supply depends on which rules you are using.

Standard rules give the Germans one point of sea supply, which means only one corps sized unit can be supplied, or two other types of units can be supplied.

If you are using the Optional Naval Module, then Germany can use up to eight sea supply points. (This is from the Augmented GoA rules.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Vieira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Vieira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry but one more question

Konigsberg can supplied by sea even when all the surrounded hexs are occupied by enemy unit's ?

Thanks

Luís

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Carson
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If all the hexes surrounding Konigsberg are either enemy occupied or in enemy ZOC, then Konigsberg is no longer a supply source itself. Supply can still be run to Konigsberg from some other supplied port via sea supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that Konigsberg is surrounded by enemy units only makes Konigsberg lose its status as a supply source.

Since ZOC does not extend across all sea hex sides (rule 9.1), sea supply has a clear path to deliver sea supply to Konigsberg from a German port on the Baltic that is itself not in an enemy ZOC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fangotango
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the standard sea supply rules, having only one point of sea supply for Germany makes holding a surrounded Konigsberg very dicey. Units can survive in Konigsberg until they reach Isolation level 3, so by switching each turn which unit gets the supply, you can keep three combat units alive, although two of them will be at half strength each turn.

Further, as far as I can tell, Germany cannot add replacements to Konigsberg if the sea supply point was already used for another unit.

Quote:
14.13 The owning player may deploy the unit(s) he
receives as reinforcements in any city that he currently
controls in the unit’s home country. Reinforcements may
not deploy in a hex in which the unit(s) would be isolated

(see §11.2 & §11.3), or violate stacking limitations (§10).

There does not seem to be any mention of being able to designate the sea supply for a replacement unit to be placed later in the turn, so that it would not be considered isolated. That might be a matter of discussion for the players. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Popejoy
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
GWX Dev Team
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fangotango wrote:

There does not seem to be any mention of being able to designate the sea supply for a replacement unit to be placed later in the turn, so that it would not be considered isolated. That might be a matter of discussion for the players. shake

Hi!

My interpretation would be that sea supply is determined in the Supply Determination Phase of each player turn, so it cannot be "pre-determined" in the Interplayer Phase when reinforcements are placed. This would mean that the Central Powers could not place a German unit in Königsberg if the city was completely surrounded by the Allied Powers.

I think that makes sense from a historical perspective, since I cannot recall an instance during either WWI or WWII where a corps-sized regular army unit was recruited, trained, equipped, and deployed inside a surrounded pocket. For example, Germany was able to raise a number of volkssturm ("militia") units inside the Ruhr pocket during WWII, but not a corps-sized regular Army formation from scratch.

This situation will hopefully be addressed in Empires & Alliances

I hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.