Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Rules question] "turn" vs "round" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ze SoloGamer
France
flag msg tools
Hello!

In the rulebook, it sometimes mention "turn" and sometimes "round". Should I consider these two terms representing the same?

For instance, "focus" and "dash" can be used once by round. Does it mean they can be used once at each hero's turn? Not so restrictive in fact!

I precise that I'm not a native English speaker (so maybe my question is silly )/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't recall seeing a concrete definition of "round" in this game (edit: correction - see the post below this one), but most games i know which use both of these terms use "turn" to mean a single player's/hero's turn, and "round" to mean "one trip around the table", so a single round includes multiple turns (one turn per player, one round for all players). In S&S that means that each round has 1 Time Phase and 1 Event Phase but has a number of Hero Turns equal to the number of heroes.

(Edit: for clarity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
A Round is the whole seccuence from time phase to event phase.Then in Battle phase each hero takes its own turn including (hero turn and enemy turn)

Editor: page 13 Rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
efren almenglo
Spain
flag msg tools
ZeSoloGamer wrote:

For instance, "focus" and "dash" can be used once by round. Does it mean they can be used once at each hero's turn? Not so restrictive in fact/

Each hero can use focus & dash spending the requires action on its turn once per round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze SoloGamer
France
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot to both of you!

I did not read this sentence in the rules (or read too quickly ).
It's clearer now. Thanks!

The rulebook is a pleasure to read but when I need to look at it for a specific info, it's sometimes difficult. Fortunately, gamers are helpful! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.