2 Posts

Storm Hollow: A Storyboard Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spark Magic and boosts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B G
msg tools
mbmbmb
My group has learned that magic rolls always have an extra die and now try to use it a lot more.

1) Is the spark a magic source for the entire group?

2) Can a boosted spark take a magic action instead of a skill roll? If so, I assume they can roll a magic die of their element?

Also, Do boosts reset to 1 in a scene transition or carry over? Do 2 boosts in the journey become 1 or 2 in the big finish?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Hickman Newnham
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yodeler wrote:
My group has learned that magic rolls always have an extra die and now try to use it a lot more.

1) Is the spark a magic source for the entire group?

Yes

yodeler wrote:

2) Can a boosted spark take a magic action instead of a skill roll? If so, I assume they can roll a magic die of their element?

A Spark that is activated with a boost for the Charge Spark action can make a skill roll of any type including a skill roll. it *can't* get a talent die though, it isn't a Poppin and has no talent.

The colored dice aren't "element" dice, they are talent dice and are a unique feature of Poppins. A Poppin hero only gets to use the Talent die when they are making a Magic skill roll of the element that corresponds to their own Talent, so for example a Helpful Poppin would roll the Helpful die when making Life Magic rolls, but wouldn't roll the Flashy die when making Fire Magic rolls.

yodeler wrote:

Also, Do boosts reset to 1 in a scene transition or carry over? Do 2 boosts in the journey become 1 or 2 in the big finish?

Boosts carry over to the next scene. If a hero doesn't have a boost at the beginning of a scene they gain one.

Hope that helps!

-Angie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.