Subject: Kosmos will cover you! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Targi fans

Kosmos has heard the pleads from the English speaking Targi fans and has decided to put the well loved German artwork on the Targi reprint in the US as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant. I know that a lot of closed minds in this country will be frightened by this image (ignorance), but I think it's wonderful artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's nice, but I was hoping you were going to say, they've decided to release the English version of the expansion this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE this artwork. I wish my version had this box art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
That's nice, but I was hoping you were going to say, they've decided to release the English version of the expansion this year!

This is what I was hoping as well. But it seems that they have decided to release only the base game for now
I am sorry, I now a lot of People have been waiting for the expansion already a lomg time....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the paste-ups exist, and are free, I am fine with playing thoae for a while.

I got an import the moment it was stocked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
STOCKBROT wrote:
TooOld4Games2 wrote:

This is what I was hoping as well. But it seems that they have decided to release only the base game for now
I am sorry, I now a lot of People have been waiting for the expansion already a lomg time....

Wait, I thought that was already established as fact. We aren't getting the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
STOCKBROT wrote:
TooOld4Games2 wrote:

That makes me sad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Wait, I thought that was already established as fact. We aren't getting the expansion?

Doesn't seem like it (not in 2018, anyway):
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/73090/new-game-round-ny-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manolis Talos
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Targi fan, and been waiting for the expansion in English a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Well, let's hope this new edition/reprint sells well! I need that expansion in English some day!

Maybe we can all help promote it on social media when it's released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:

Doesn't seem like it (not in 2018, anyway):
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/73090/new-game-round-ny-t...

Such a bummer. Usually with a reprint you get expansions released alongside and often times included (Kingsburg 2nd Edition). Maybe the expansion didn't sell well overseas? Hard to understand why they wouldn't release it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just the box art that's changing, or the card art too? I'm wondering if owners of the older editions of this game will find their card art still matches when/if the expansion gets printed in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Maybe the expansion didn't sell well overseas? Hard to understand why they wouldn't release it.

Eric Martin's speculation in that link makes sense to me, so I'm still very hopeful we will get the expansion in English, in 2019 if not this year:

presumably because they want to reintroduce the base game to the market at large; BGGers might know the game, but T&K aims at a wider, more mainstream audience, so you need to have the base game in place before releasing an expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Maybe the expansion didn't sell well overseas? Hard to understand why they wouldn't release it.

Eric Martin's speculation in that link makes sense to me, so I'm still very hopeful we will get the expansion in English, in 2019 if not this year:

presumably because they want to reintroduce the base game to the market at large; BGGers might know the game, but T&K aims at a wider, more mainstream audience, so you need to have the base game in place before releasing an expansion

Eric Martin is probably right with his assumtion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats kinda crappy. I was looking forward to the release of the expansion in english. Idk why they wouldnt release it asap. Targi will be old news by the time the expansion gets publisbed in English and by then there will only be a small core group who love the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
Is it just the box art that's changing, or the card art too? I'm wondering if owners of the older editions of this game will find their card art still matches when/if the expansion gets printed in English?

No worries there, only the box art changes because a many people asked for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. The original English box art was fine, but this one is much more striking. I'm sure the new box art will result in more people picking it up from the shelves of local gaming stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually remember passing up the chance to buy targi a few years ago bc i didnt like the box art. Had i saw this cover i would ha e grabbed it a lot sooner. Thankfully my friend spoke very highly of the game which made me look past the box art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I want this new art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
I would have loved this art for the Japanese version. Find it way to cartoony. Oh well, too bad. Rejoice, new US targi players !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
I would have loved this art for the Japanese version. Find it way to cartoony. Oh well, too bad. Rejoice, new US targi players !

I love the Japanese box art! It's different from any other box in my game collection. Granted, I have some affinity for anime/manga, so that helps... but it's very unique, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
nbread wrote:
jujulautre wrote:

I love the Japanese box art! It's different from any other box in my game collection. Granted, I have some affinity for anime/manga, so that helps... but it's very unique, regardless.

There should be a math trade for game boxes laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Bunker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, and as other have said now all we need is the expansion in the US... Not sure, but will the expansion work with both the older and this newer edition? I mean is everything compatible? I have a copy of the older version I snagged about 2 years ago so I'm curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aerosailor wrote:
Perfect, and as other have said now all we need is the expansion in the US... Not sure, but will the expansion work with both the older and this newer edition? I mean is everything compatible? I have a copy of the older version I snagged about 2 years ago so I'm curious.

No need to worry. The expasnion is fully compstible with the old and the new Edition of Targi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.