Endeavor: Age of Sail» Forums » General

Subject: Will the dual layer boards be flat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My only experience with double layer (recessed) boards is from sythe. My boards there do have a slight bend in them - not enough to stop usage, but noticeable. I presume this is from where the two layers of cardboard have expanded or contracted slightly different amounts.

I've just watched the Edo preview and was surprised by how big the player boards are. Are you confident that these will be flat in the dual layer deluxe/KS version? Have you seen manufacturing prototypes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helaina Cappel
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyP123 wrote:
My only experience with double layer (recessed) boards is from sythe. My boards there do have a slight bend in them - not enough to stop usage, but noticeable. I presume this is from where the two layers of cardboard have expanded or contracted slightly different amounts.

I've just watched the Edo preview and was surprised by how big the player boards are. Are you confident that these will be flat in the dual layer deluxe/KS version? Have you seen manufacturing prototypes?

I am confident that they will be flat. Our manufacturer creates very high quality components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BurntIsland wrote:
AndyP123 wrote:

I am confident that they will be flat. Our manufacturer creates very high quality components.

It's not really possible to guarantee. Quality of materials has very little to do with board warping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyP123 wrote:

Its funny you mention Scythe's boards. I just pulled my copy out for a play this weekend and all the boards were flat, but over the course of the game they warped again. I wish I knew how to stop that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
AndyP123 wrote:

Its funny you mention Scythe's boards. I just pulled my copy out for a play this weekend and all the boards were flat, but over the course of the game they warped again. I wish I knew how to stop that.

I just wondered if, given how huge these boards are, whether it would be a much more significant problem.

Can anyone think of any other games which have such large dual layer boards. Was warping a problem there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyP123 wrote:
Vospire wrote:
AndyP123 wrote:

I just wondered if, given how huge these boards are, whether it would be a much more significant problem.

Can anyone think of any other games which have such large dual layer boards. Was warping a problem there?

Every game with dual layered boards I've owned or played has had significant warping issues. And bending the gently in the opposite direction doesn't have an affect due to the way they are constructed in fact that can result in delamination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
AndyP123 wrote:

humidity control
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
humidity control

This^. And store the game flat. My Scythe boards are flat and do not curl during play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.