Hide
20 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: How many people are actually using the packaged stickers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sean gordon
msg tools
also, who else is attaching the card stickers directly to the cards?

it seems that when I'm done with the game, I could easily peel the stickers off the board and cards anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the reusable ones. I enjoy the idea that I could start afresh if I wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IvanAtom the Humble
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do. Cards enhancements is not a big deal for me - I sleeve all my cards anyway.

But to be honest, game will take awhile to be done with. Personally me, I would leave Map with all stickers. It looks gorgeous on a wall and will remind me about epic adventure I had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do. It's how the game was made to be played. Id I finish a campaign and end up wanting to do it all over again fresh, I think it's earned the purchase price. (Or I'll just use PDFs and such on the next run.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I do the same. Altough I think that removing them might be not so easy anymore after they are stuck on a card for well over a year or so.

But honestly, if our group really wants to play another campaign after finishing this one (and we certainly still have a long way to go ...) I might as well buy another copy of the game. Compared to other ways to spend your time, you really get many hours of fun for your money with Gloomhaven.

But more probably, we won't. Apart from the main game, we still have to play the first Kickstarter campaign, another one is coming, and there is talk about an expansion after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
Groan_Man wrote:

it seems that when I'm done with the game, I could easily peel the stickers off the board and cards anyways.

I do both. If I ever happen to restart the campaign, I will either use a sheet to record campaign progress or use my second copy of Gloomhaven which I bought to have some more material available. For the enhancement stickers, I think it would be no big deal to start a new campaign with the old enhanced cards.

Peeling the normal stickers off is not really doable though. I tried that with a slightly misplaced global enhancement. When the stickers is placed for 1 day or longer, it is close to impossible to remove it again without damage.

For the removable stickers, you can probably pull them off more easy but I am not sure how often you can do that until their glue stops to work and they would not stick anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the reusable stickers (and stick them on the cards!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McCormick
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do. No intention of a reset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ontario
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely plan to replay and I wanted a clean slate when I do so I am using the removable ones.

Groan_Man wrote:

If you are talking about the regular stickers that came in the box, I HIGHLY doubt that.

As soon as I got my game I tried to remove all the stickers on the locked character boxes, envelopes, and town book in order to replace them with the removable stickers. The stickers that came with the game left a sticky/ink-powdery mess, threatened to tear the book on removal, and took a lot of time to get all of the residue off. After a couple hours of effort I finally finished so that I could stick my removable stickers on. I knew I had to do this as soon as I got the game because with regular paper stickers the longer they sit, the stronger the adhesive and the weaker the paper seems to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing so little of it every month, I don't imagine ever being able to start over. And if I do, this game more than earned my money for the second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean gordon
msg tools
Ryalyn wrote:

If you are talking about the regular stickers that came in the box, I HIGHLY doubt that.

interesting, I'm not too concerned about those stickers. I have tried to peel off stickers that i fastened to the map a few weeks ago and they came off almost too easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing solo. There's so much here that I will be extremely surprised if/when I finish the campaign once. Seriously doubt I'll have time or interest in a reset. Plus, it sounds like Isaac is working on a massive expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm using them. I see no reason to take away from the legacy aspects of the game merely because I might eventually play it again.

There's so much content in the box, I kinda doubt that'd happen (at least, it's pretty unlikely before an expansion or sequel comes out, anyway). And why not enjoy the game to its fullest the first time around?

If I do ever decide to begin a new campaign, then I'll figure something out at that time, like a party-tracker app, or I'll print a new map at Staples or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demax51 wrote:
There's so much content in the box, I kinda doubt that'd happen (at least, it's pretty unlikely before an expansion or sequel comes out, anyway). And why not enjoy the game to its fullest the first time around?

I'm not really sure that using removable stickers means you're not enjoying the game to its fullest. I think the real question is, why not save the $10 the removable stickers cost? I guess there's also the question of secondary market though, using removable stickers means you can resell the game, making probably a lot more than the $10 back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
Long Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do, it’s a game, I’m not taking it with me when I’m dead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean gordon
msg tools
Jjdelanoche wrote:
I'm not really sure that using removable stickers means you're not enjoying the game to its fullest. I think the real question is, why not save the $10 the removable stickers cost? I guess there's also the question of secondary market though, using removable stickers means you can resell the game, making probably a lot more than the $10 back...

I assume they're referring to non-sticker solutions like using a pdf or an app and ignoring the physical map completely.

Solid point about retaining resell value. Personally, I don't think I'll be reselling my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce H
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Will of the Hive Mind
badge
The Great Devourer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are using the stickers. But we're not really worried about needing to reset as there are other ways to keep track of progression if we get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the reusable stickers... but, they are REALLY sticky! I'm wondering if they will actually come off that easily? We'll see, I guess.

However, I am certainly MARKING those reuseables (e.g. When finishing a scenario, checking it off with a sharpie on the sticker).

I'm using the reuseables not to necessarily restart a campaign after the group has completed it, but moreso to restart if there is an abort after a shorter number of scenarios (i.e. the group moves onto a new game). Say we just did 10 or 15? It would be a bit ridiculous to start off again without a clean slate, I think.

Whereas if we did 60? Well, okay - to some of the points made before - you probably got your money's worth and the components are probably falling apart anyways. Your reset might be to buy a new copy of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Ferreira
msg tools
mbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
I'm using the reusable ones. I enjoy the idea that I could start afresh if I wanted to.

- I use default stickers on map and enhanced cards.
- I use a permanent marker on my world map to track prosperity.
- I use permanent marker on the scenario book, to tick completed scenarios, treasure chests, etc.

If i ever want to replay, I can start a new party, but i want the world to have changed because of my 1st party. I want the locations to be discovered, the city prosperity to have changed, and the global events impacting the world. Starting a new party doesn't mean you have to reset the world, as if your 1st party was never there. To me, those remains are their legacy, and getting rid of them would just be sad. They are leaving their mark, forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Fromhell
msg tools
As to putting stickers directly on the cards, like +1 to an attack to change it from 2 to 2 +1.

yes, I put those on the cards. The rules, page 46 (bottom), specify that stickers stay on even after retirement.

This means that if/when another (or the same) player decide to play that character (again), that player will get that character with these enhanced cards.

This is to show that this character (class) has learned through experience new tricks as the world evolves and they are now better suited to survive in this world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.