Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Forgotten Age

Ursula Downs confirmed.

A new action (Explore) and an exploration deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a new keyword for enemies: Alert (although we don't know what that does yet).

There's a mention of "checking your supplies", which I'm guessing might be a part of the Campaign Log, presumably as a new row in the per-investigator table?

And Ursula's personal weakness is also linked:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, call of the unknown can be gnarly!

My goodness I love this friggin game. I love how they keep tweaking it juuuust enough to be fresh and interesting but never so much that it loses me or gets convoluted. I hope they manage to keep that going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is no way to discard Ursula's weakness rather than fail it and return to your deck?
Nasty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what's do you think about new Exploration mechanics?
One more deck to manage. Will it really bring something new and interesting?
Previously FFG did more or less things using just encounter deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Speculating Monterrey Jack, Leo Anderson & Father Mateo based on theme/location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kerkhoff
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Was just logging in to make a post too but you beat me to it.

Yeah, new cycle!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Schmidt
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thirteen-time World Champion Green Bay Packers!
badge
The time that we kill keeps us alive
mbmbmbmbmb
Any guesses as to what the new Alert keyword will entail?

The first enemy we've seen with the keyword is an archer. Perhaps it's a reactionary attack of opportunity - when you engage with an Alert enemy that enemy takes an Attack of Opportunity? The enemy noticed you and takes its shot.

That seems overly harsh but perhaps if used sparingly enough it could be reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sullivan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
yury1975 wrote:

One of the GenCon scenarios for LOTR LCG had this sort of explore deck. Basically encountering a random thing from a separate deck.

I believe you were lost in the woods, or something like that. The adventure was fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
Speculating Monterrey Jack, Leo Anderson & Father Mateo based on theme/location.

I feel Leo and Monterey would be a good fit for an expedition and I'm guessing they'll be included too. Though maybe we'll get more than one expedition cycle considering we haven't gone to the arctic or Egypt yet. Father Mateo also would be a nice include, but that would make it a dude heavy box, which makes me think at least one of those guys aren't included...well maybe I guess that would leave one more free slot.

I love the design on Ursula. I can't wait to play her. I think she was the most obvious investigator to include so of course they previewed her first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:

It's not at all unprecedented. Many scenarios have involved setup where there is a supplementary deck of encounters or, as in this case, locations.

See the Catacombs deck in Arkham Horror: The Card Game – The Pallid Mask: Mythos Pack, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theSlex wrote:
Any guesses as to what the new Alert keyword will entail?

The first enemy we've seen with the keyword is an archer. Perhaps it's a reactionary attack of opportunity - when you engage with an Alert enemy that enemy takes an Attack of Opportunity? The enemy noticed you and takes its shot.

That seems overly harsh but perhaps if used sparingly enough it could be reasonable.

I wonder if it makes attacks for you moving into or out of the location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:

Who will be the 5th investigator? I wonder if it will be another neutral class like Lola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yury1975 wrote:

One more deck to manage, bringing the grand total up to two! What a nightmare...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
celdom wrote:

Who will be the 5th investigator? I wonder if it will be another neutral class like Lola.

Having another neutral investigator and missing one of the classes seems very unlikely. Don't know who the fifth one would be, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
"You're going to need a bigger compass."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
yury1975 wrote:

One more deck to manage, bringing the grand total up to two! What a nightmare...

I mean... there was a Cultist deck in Midnight Masks. It's not exactly unprecedented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Sasinski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
yury1975 wrote:

Well, nightmare is basically the topic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse of Yig looks like it says it gives you a trait ("Serpent?" "Serpentine?" Personally, I already have that one, thanks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
Jjdelanoche wrote:

I wonder if it makes attacks for you moving into or out of the location.

Re-readies at the end of your turn, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
Camberley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:

Presumably Ursula Downs is a dual-class Seeker/Rogue, as suggested by her 7/7 stats, high Evade score, the description of her as being "quick on her feet", and the fact that we don't have any Yellow/Green characters yet. The dual-class characters have 14 total health, the single-class-with-splash characters have 15 total health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird. I was thinking the other day that Monterey Jack would make a good Rogue/Seeker (I don't believe we've had that combo yet) but I doubt we'd get a Rogue Seeker and Seeker Rogue together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monterey Jack could be a rogue with access to relic cards. In fact whatever his class combination, he probably should have access to 0-5 relic cards.

Does Ursula's elder sign effect let her explore in the Mythos Phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
Camberley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:

I think Monterrey Jack, Leo Anderson and Ursula all in the one expansion might be an explorer too many. There needs to be some variety of people in each new team. Monterrey Jack has been more about the Pyramids and seems quite Seeker-ish also, so I would suggest that we just get Leo as a Guardian or Survivor. It would be interesting to see how they capture the explorer theme out of Blue without going Blue/Yellow (which Roland has already done).

Other possibilities might be Marie Lambeau - she needs to arrive sometime, or Diana Stanley who starts in Panama in Eldritch Horror. Either could work as a Mystic.

Tony Morgan seems a good choice for Rogue. His work as a Bounty Hunter could have him in hidden ruins, and he starts in Columbia in Eldritch Horror. We're also probably due another male Rogue.

I like Father Mateo, possibly as a Survivor. Sister Mary could work too. I like the idea of a Survivor that isn't on the edge of society (as most of our Reds have been), but rather just a good man in the wrong place trying to do as best he can. Calvin Wright seems another good Survivor choice, and would play well with his upcoming release in Masks of Nyarlathotep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Reid
United Kingdom
Camberley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:

Does Ursula's elder sign effect let her explore in the Mythos Phase?

It is only Move, not Explore. But, yes, should work in the Mythos phase. Which could let her move back to where she was in the first place and activate her Call of the Unknown if she wants to, as the Call of the Unknown target isn't chosen until the start of her turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.