Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy today in Cincinnati, Ohio! Very excited, though (of course) I won't have any time to play it until this weekend. I can confirm that Flops is in the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McGuire
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you order from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vogelap wrote:
though (of course) I won't have any time to play it until this weekend.
Well, on the upside, we have some downloadable content dropping on Friday so there's something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local game store called to say they are holding my copy but won't let me have it until tomorrow since that's the official street date.

I hate street dates...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommanderMcG wrote:
Where did you order from?

I ordered from PlaidHatGames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
we have some downloadable content dropping on Friday so there's something.

That is pretty awesome to hear about already! I just noticed you are Dallas located? That is pretty cool, let me know if you ever need another DFW local to blind playtest any games out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsteedhayes wrote:
nobeerblues wrote:
we have some downloadable content dropping on Friday so there's something.

That is pretty awesome to hear about already! I just noticed you are Dallas located? That is pretty cool, let me know if you ever need another DFW local to blind playtest any games out
If you're ever in Addisson you should stop by for a visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Hayes
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Superbowl Champions!
badge
It's an onion.
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
If you're ever in Addisson you should stop by for a visit.

Will do, Jerry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
My local game store called to say they are holding my copy but won't let me have it until tomorrow since that's the official street date.

I hate street dates...

I haven’t heard anything from mine. I’m hoping to show up after work looking pitiful and have them take mercy on me since it will be pretty close to closing time then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:

I hate street dates...
Just called my FLGS, they said it is on the invoice for the shipment arriving today, and that I could pick it up this afternoon. Whoohoo!

I guess some stores are really strict about the official release date?
But, if there are people (like the OP) who ordered direct from PlaidHat, and have already received it... I don't see why the store needs to hang on to it until the 2nd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mnty4rd wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

I hate street dates...
Just called my FLGS, they said it is on the invoice for the shipment arriving today, and that I could pick it up this afternoon. Whoohoo!

I guess some stores are really strict about the official release date?
But, if there are people (like the OP) who ordered direct from PlaidHat, and have already received it... I don't see why the store needs to hang on to it until the 2nd.

Street dates are a big deal when it comes to advantage for 1 store to the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some companies and distributors will withhold future games from stores if they find out they break street dates. But I doubt it happens often or that they need to be so strict about it, but my local store is. Sigh.

I blame the company or distributor for enforcing a release date, not my local store for doing what they're told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Coley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my flgs posted their releases for tomorrow on facebook showing it. Sadly I didn’t get a chance to get there after work today. Oh well it won’t hurt me to wait another day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife preordered it for me directly from Plaid Hat and hasn't heard anything. Hopefully they're just shipping it out without sending tracking information to those who have preordered and it'll be here soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Austria
flag msg tools
mb
I'm from Austria and the shop I preordered from updated their information to: "Waiting for new release date from producer" today
I then went and asked them about the status as other countries in Europe are apparently already sending the game according to this thread. The reply I got was that is has not been yet released for the German market, the version I preordered was the english one. Is this true? And if yes when is the english version coming to the german market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I walked into my FLGS over lunch hour today and they had a copy in stock today, so I bought it. While street dates can suck for online buying, it certainly helps me know when I can actually expect stores to have it available. I know I've been frustrated in the past as games are released but I can't find it in a store until weeks or sometimes months later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine arrived today from gamenerdz in Oklahoma USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibb wrote:
My wife preordered it for me directly from Plaid Hat and hasn't heard anything. Hopefully they're just shipping it out without sending tracking information to those who have preordered and it'll be here soon.

Well turns out she ordered it somewhere else. Shows what I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan St. Clair
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend received her copy today from Miniature Market!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
feartheclown wrote:
Mine arrived today from gamenerdz in Oklahoma USA.

I am also a follow oklahoman Nice Small world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.