Subject: Question regarding changing Gambit and Command cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and greetings from Denmark

I have a question regarding the cards in the game.

How do I exactly change the available 6 cards on the table in order to get a batch of 6 new?

Do I need to discard one card I already posses in order to change the 6 cards that are on the table?

Sorry folks, but I simply don't get it!
Thank you!

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever you buy one of the cards on the table they are replaced by one of the cards from the deck.

You don't start with the "extra card powers". Not sure where the confusion is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
Whenever you buy one of the cards on the table they are replaced by one of the cards from the deck.

You don't start with the "extra card powers". Not sure where the confusion is.

Ok. Let's say that I can buy a card ( Breakthrough 6) but I can't use the 6 cards already on the table: is it possible to change them? If so, at what cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Page Nine of the rulebook.

"You always have the option of spending one of the card draws you've earned in order to discard the 6 cards available, then draw 6 new ones. If you do you have one less draw this turn."

Seems like I would rather just pick a less than useful command card, but if you get two cards in a turn you can give up one to have your pick of six with the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I think I have it now...

Thank you, Jerry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaƫl Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of picking a card, you discard the 6 ones and replace them with 6 new ones.
It's mostly useful when you can pick 2, otherwise you're likely giving more choice to your opponents. It can also be useful if you really need to prevent someone from picking one of several cards. There are 2 aggressions and they have 4 dominances for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.