Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tracked how many rounds/turns their games are lasting on average?

Obviously this will vary based upon number of players and style of play, but I was analyzing possible strategies based on our current board and realized I don't know how long a game is really lasting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Holder
United States
Sachse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our shortest game was about 45 minutes. Early games were around 1 - 1.5 hours. As of game 8 lasted around 2.5 - 3 hours. 3 players no automa.

I think that is a big part of the game though, not knowing how to play or how your engine will work with the new conditions introduced each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't track any hard data, but if I had to estimate, I'd say each player probably got about 15 turns, more or less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
msg tools
mbmb
Haven't tracked it. But I think it is closer to 25, maybe 20 with three players. More in the first game or two.

Depends on whether influence tokens are unidrectional in your campaign.

Spend 6-8 turns fetching and likely knocking out two objectives.

Build with that stuff, grab an advancement or two, do some vp stuff, another 5-7 turns.

Get some coins, pop a crate, log a quota, get on rep track. Another 5-6 turns.

16 to 21 turns with 9 of 12 influence spent.

Probably a 2-4 turns left depending. Remaing influence to some combo of rep, crate, quota, or build.

That's without everyone grinding vp on 0 influence stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.