Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Ng
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if we did something wrong in our 3 player Jarl game. In setup you remove 4 autumn cards for a total of 99 cards not including the final Picts card. Each round 8 cards are dealt out. 99 is not divisible by 8. This means you will end up with a supply phase where you deal out 3 cards, revealing the final Picts card.

The rulebook states "The game ends when at the beginning of a Supply phase the final Attack of the Picts card is the only card left in the card deck."

My question is, how do you handle this game end?

- Deal 3 cards, play a round then resolve the Picts and do final scoring?

- Ignore the final 3 cards, assume all players could tell the previous round was the last by the size of the deck, resolve tte Picts and do final scoring?

I'm a little confused by the wording of that part in the rulebook. Actually I just realized the math on all player counts works out the same way with 3 cards left before the final Picts. Am I the only one who doesn't know how to end this game properly?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Pict cards come out during phases 2, 3 and 4, you should resolve the Pics card immediately and then remove it from play, then continue dealing out to finish the layout that phase. That way, you should have [99-3] = 96 cards to actually bid on, which is nicely divisible by 8 (=12).

My guess is, you either aren't removing the Pict cards after resolving them, or you're removing them once resolved but not continuing dealing out that round's cards. You should always have ([# players + 1]* 2) cards to bid on each round (in Jarl mode; for basic mode, you'd have half that number obviously).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ng
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That is exactly where I went wrong. Whoops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.