Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know which version of the game I have, but it seems to me that this card has some typos on it. But maybe I'm just not reading it right.

The Level 2 effect says: When making the Invader Deck, put 1 of the State III cards between State I and Stage II. To the left of that, in the Fear Cards column, it says "9 (3/3/3)". But the New Deck Order says "111-3-2222-3333". It seems like there is an extra 2 in there, and two extra 3's (at the end). The way I read the card, the order should be 111-3-222-33.

This continues down the card. Level 3: "When making the Invader Deck, remove an additional Stage I card. Fear Cards column: 10 (3/4/3). New Deck Order: 11-3-2222-3333. Again, looks like too many 2's and 3's. Plus, why does it say "remove an ADDITIONAL Stage I card"? Level 1 and 2 neither one said to remove any Stage I cards.

And this just continues, where there appears (to me) to be conflicting information. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fear Cards and Invader Cards are separate decks (although they both have 3 stages).

Invader cards are the small ones that list a terrain type where the invaders will take actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fear Cards column is referring to Fear Cards, whereas the cards referenced by the main BP ability are the small Invader cards you flip every turn to see where Invaders explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you build the invader deck, you remove 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, and 1 stage 3 invader card. With Brandenburg-Prussia level 2, you remove an additional stage 1 card, so remove 2 stage 1 instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
When you build the invader deck, you remove 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, and 1 stage 3 invader card. With Brandenburg-Prussia level 2, you remove an additional stage 1 card, so remove 2 stage 1 instead of 1.

You are thinking of a higher level. Level 2 moves a stage 3 card earlier in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
Fear Cards and Invader Cards are separate decks (although they both have 3 stages).

Invader cards are the small ones that list a terrain type where the invaders will take actions.

Oh duh. I'm going to blame my lack of sleep and head cold and pretend I never asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Visser
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
When you build the invader deck, you remove 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, and 1 stage 3 invader card.

Where does it say this? I've been confused by this but followed the explicit deck building instruction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Diggle_duggle wrote:
abredon wrote:
When you build the invader deck, you remove 1 stage 1, 1 stage 2, and 1 stage 3 invader card.

Where does it say this?

Rulebook page 6, in the sidebar "Making the Invader Deck"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Visser
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. I've been playing this game wrong maybe 30 times. Guess it's a little harder and faster paced than I thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.