7 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dead of Winter Betrayer Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grog Strongjaw
msg tools
new user
A little confuse on the rules for betrayer.

1. Does sabotaged the main objective consider reducing morale to 0?
2. When can player vote the betrayer out? During their player turn?
3. The betrayer can eat all the food, create a bunch of waste, attack another player, sabotage the crisis, attract zombie into other locations for overrunning if they are last to go in the round. Do other players still have a chance to vote or this that too late?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grogstrongjaw wrote:

In a way, yes. When you run out of rounds, morale is set to 0. So stalling can help the betrayer.

Quote:
2. When can player vote the betrayer out? During their player turn?

"Vote to Exile" is an action you can choose during your turn.

Quote:
3. The betrayer can eat all the food, create a bunch of waste, attack another player, sabotage the crisis, attract zombie into other locations for overrunning if they are last to go in the round. Do other players still have a chance to vote or this that too late?

This is definitely a risk you take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jose
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grogstrongjaw wrote:

The one caveat that comes to mind is that, as soon as this player IS exiled, they are given a new secret objective which might be a lot harder for them to accomplish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Grogstrongjaw wrote:

In a way, yes. When you run out of rounds, morale is set to 0. So stalling can help the betrayer.

I’m not really sure about this. Running out of rounds is not the same as morale reaching 0.
The betrayer has to successfully reduce the morale to 0 before the round marker goes to 0. If the rounds are over, the game is lost also for the betrayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
3. You should play with the rules from Dead of Winter: The Long Night. Before the first player marker is passed to the next player every player can demand a vote wether the first player marker stays by the current player or not. This way a betrayer doing such stuff as the last player of a round is also the last player next round and can be voted of before doing more harm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sparks
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to go back and check the rules but I thought this was already an option in the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
spazz451 wrote:
I'd have to go back and check the rules but I thought this was already an option in the original game.

No, this was not in the original game. Maybe it was added in the most recent print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.