Hide
6 Posts

Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Spells: Azradon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zachary rucker
msg tools
"The Abyss is made by five spherical worlds, each situated within the other, the closer to the core, the colder
the atmosphere becomes and the more powerful is its ruler. Four of these worlds are ruled by either a devil
King or Queen of great power, the fifth world is known as the Everlasting Pit, and it hosts the frozen body of
Azradon, Empress of the Netherworlds and guardian of the Everlasting Gate, a mythological gateway situated
at the centre of the Everlasting Pit."
-Darklight Lore PDF

I tried my hand at a new branch of magic, utilizing the power of the frozen Azradon. Reaching into this branch of magic is possibly the most dangerous thing you can do, for not even the Demons themselves dare to draw upon Azradon's cold might. The tree also comes with it's own source burn chart below.

Azradon Source Burn:
1|Glimpse of Her: Suffer 1 Insanity.
2|Frostbite: At the start of your turn, take an Endurance 2 Test. If you succeed, you no longer suffer Frostbite. If you become Ignited, you no longer suffer Frostbite. Otherwise, suffer 1d3+3 Wounds.
3|Curse of Azradon: Ice courses through your blood. During the Darkness Phase, whenever a 1 is rolled, gain the Injury 'Crippled Leg'. If you already have this Injury, suffer 2 Severe Wounds. If you already have Curse of Azradon, you completely ice over, suffer Permanent Death.
4|Azradon's Attention: Azradon has noticed you. Suffer Permanent Death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
It should be noted that Numbing Chill also gives you health to match the temporary raise, and that both the raise and healing are taken away at the end of the fight. That will need clarified in some way with the wording.

As well, all the numbers will of course need tweaked. I want to find a good balance for Numbing Chill (name pending change) to be tempting to use without being overpowered. I suspect it may need to actually add more temporary health (perhaps bumping it up to 3 per, we'll see).

I'll also be looking at making things easy to understand, hoping that the sword isn't too wordy. I really wanted to avoid doing any spells that were already done, trying for damage dealing that hadn't been provided in the magic trees yet (a whole tile, indiscriminately) and of course the Ice Sword is great for that melee-built witch or another class picking up a spell or two. The Keeper of the Gate helps anticipate foes, or get that item you want, without being too powerful (if you want to draw 3 you'll need to spend 6 dice, which is just asking for some source burn).

I'll probably end up changing the Numbing Chill to some Ice Armour, something along the lines of fire resist +1 and +x Armour until end of combat based off source spent to cast. It will most likely also have the limitation that you can't stack it with normal armour, so either End + armour or End + Ice Armour, not both, limiting it's effectiveness on a black knight taking a dip into spells (though amazing for a Nephelim).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How come people do ask questions about this game? Do they une a print-and-play version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
yipiyip wrote:
It should be noted that Numbing Chill also gives you health to match the temporary raise, and that both the raise and healing are taken away at the end of the fight. That will need clarified in some way with the wording.

As well, all the numbers will of course need tweaked. I want to find a good balance for Numbing Chill (name pending change) to be tempting to use without being overpowered. I suspect it may need to actually add more temporary health (perhaps bumping it up to 3 per, we'll see).

I'll also be looking at making things easy to understand, hoping that the sword isn't too wordy. I really wanted to avoid doing any spells that were already done, trying for damage dealing that hadn't been provided in the magic trees yet (a whole tile, indiscriminately) and of course the Ice Sword is great for that melee-built witch or another class picking up a spell or two. The Keeper of the Gate helps anticipate foes, or get that item you want, without being too powerful (if you want to draw 3 you'll need to spend 6 dice, which is just asking for some source burn).

I'll probably end up changing the Numbing Chill to some Ice Armour, something along the lines of fire resist +1 and +x Armour until end of combat based off source spent to cast. It will most likely also have the limitation that you can't stack it with normal armour, so either End + armour or End + Ice Armour, not both, limiting it's effectiveness on a black knight taking a dip into spells (though amazing for a Nephelim).

That is awesome, sadly won't have time to create my own content hence why I didn't buy the DM kit but still kind of want it lol.

I wonder if we will fight the Kings and Queens in (hopefully released) upcoming expansions, I like to think the first demon miniatures are what the early stage of the demonic invasion are, the troops on the front line, but the deeper we go into the franchise I hope the more grotesque, macabre and horrifying the enemies become. The Colossal Dreadworm will end up looking like a puppy compared to what lurks in other realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
How come people do ask questions about this game? Do they une a print-and-play version?

Yes, you can download from their website, Dark Ice Games ( Extras tab a the top, then Download ).

https://www.darkicegames.com/darklight/downloads/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Correct. While not exactly a print n' play, it does have the core rules. As well we have many great updates from thr kickstarter showing us things like spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.