9 Posts

Tuscany Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Two quick questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rolando
msg tools
mb
1) My board looks the same on both sides. Is that right? If so, what's the use of the double sided board?

2) Do you recommend starting with the base game for a few games and then add Tuscany or should I dive right in with the Tuscany expansion add ons?

By the way, my base Essentials game came with Spanish on the reverse side.

Pretty cool since this may get my mom to play this game.

Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Look more closely. One side has extra card spots for Structures. (Tuscany board)

2. Play a few games with the base. Add in expansions progressively. We have been playing Tuscany for about 6 months now, and haven't felt the need to go beyond the new board. We haven't bothered witht he other additions yet as the game hasn't got stale yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
GregDarcy wrote:
1. Look more closely. One side has extra card spots for Structures. (Tuscany board)

2. Play a few games with the base. Add in expansions progressively. We have been playing Tuscany for about 6 months now, and haven't felt the need to go beyond the new board. We haven't bothered witht he other additions yet as the game hasn't got stale yet.

And it's on page 2 of the rulebook. LOL. Thank you for your reply and suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The back of mine is Portuguese .

We played Tuscany for the first time tonight after having played viticulture for the first time this weekend . We added the special workers and the additional moor expansion cards I bought (more summer/worker cards) in addition to the new “stars” on side map. We decided to save structures for another night we had a lot of fun and we know this one will have a Lot of replayability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a counter. I would recommend plying the base game for a while first to get used to the flow, gameplay, tactics and just to get as much as you can from it.

But then when you go to Tuscany, chuck everything in! It comes alive with all the little extras
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Gribbon wrote:
As a counter. I would recommend plying the base game for a while first to get used to the flow, gameplay, tactics and just to get as much as you can from it.

But then when you go to Tuscany, chuck everything in! It comes alive with all the little extras

Played my first two player game and solo game last night with just the base game. It was a lot of fun. It's been tempting to dive into Tuscany, but I will play a few more like this. I think it will help me enjoy Tuscany that much more.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolando
msg tools
mb
Ecirelli wrote:
The back of mine is Portuguese .

We played Tuscany for the first time tonight after having played viticulture for the first time this weekend . We added the special workers and the additional moor expansion cards I bought (more summer/worker cards) in addition to the new “stars” on side map. We decided to save structures for another night we had a lot of fun and we know this one will have a Lot of replayability

That's awesome. Going to try this soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muskett32 wrote:
Gribbon wrote:

Played my first two player game and solo game last night with just the base game. It was a lot of fun. It's been tempting to dive into Tuscany, but I will play a few more like this. I think it will help me enjoy Tuscany that much more.

Thanks for the suggestion!

If you’re playing solo definitely play the campaign before moving into Tuscany. It’s great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:

Have to agree with this. Our first game of Tuscany we added only the board and it felt just a bit frustrating. When we chucked it all in it made our favourite game even richer and more wonderful to explore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.