Hide
3 Posts

Cyclades: Monuments» Forums » Rules

Subject: A hero in Great citadel of Ares rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyril Belous
msg tools
Does a hero in the Great citadel of Ares provides the GCA special effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
cyril2012 wrote:
Does a hero in the Great citadel of Ares provides the GCA special effect?

Just for reference the description of the citadel:
rulebook wrote:
As long as 1 or more of your troops are stationed on this territory, it cannot be invaded by sea, land (Titans) or air (Pegasus). However, this territory remains affected by other effects (Harpy, etc.)

Honestly, I don't know for sure. I've looked up the Hades rules for a description of heroes and they state something like "Heroes count as equivalent for troops in a battle." So, they are not exactly troops, but I would probably treat them as such. Cyclades rules are not written that water proof with all the cross references between different expansions. So, sometimes you have to guess the spirit.
I would allow the effect, as it also makes sense thematically, but Matagot/Bruno should have the last word, of course.

See also this thread as I would prohibit all kind of invasions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril Belous
msg tools
Califax wrote:
Cyclades rules are not written that water proof with all the cross references between different expansions. So, sometimes you have to guess the spirit.

1. The mythological creatures cards, monuments cards, etc. has different symbols, such as regular troops, titan, hero and others.
2. The hero symbol is missing on GCA card.
3. Therefore Titans, Heroes and other non-regular troops cann't to "switch on" GCA ability.

P.S. Our group decided to take into account the symbols of the corresponding cards in all uncertain cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.