Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A thought occurred to me today. Mechanically, it makes sense that each of the 4 store symbols be evenly distributed through the search deck. And currently, they are.

But with TED the epic dog now unlocked, the deluxe set has not four, but five search cards.

Looks like we can expect three new search cards to be added fast, as soon as they can figure out what to put on them!

And related to the recent thread about stretch goals that aren't really stretch goals, that would suggest that three more cards are necessary, not optional for optimal balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Justice
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from a comment on the kickstarter from gamelyn, "As for the box limit. We are full. We may be able to fit 1, maybe 2 at max, more cards. This is due to weight. The box is right at the limit to keep the shipping at the accounted for cost. We won’t be adding anymore scenarios as they require the most play testing and we don’t want that to cause any delays. They also typically involve a couple tokens which were too tight on the weight limit for. If we can manage to get another card or two in there then they will likely be more characters. Which also add more zombie characters. It’s a 2 for 1."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The dog's ability is awesome and therefore it will automatically make a noise (all 4 store symbols will be on the card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
The dog's ability is awesome and therefore it will automatically make a noise (all 4 store symbols will be on the card).

That possibility did occur to me. Good to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noctournis Est
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd love to see KS Exclusive that all deluxe copies come with a code for a free download...of a Tiny Epic Zombies App
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd f(censored)ing LOVE to see apps of all the Tiny Epic games. My lord how cool would it be to fire up my iPad and play some TEG or TEQ! *drool*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have seen the comment about space in the box but am selectively ignoring it.

How about a weapon for the mechanic (the art shows him wielding a wrench) and maybe one for the janitor as well (a mop) :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Screen-printed player meeples and/or survivor meeples would be a nice upgrade that would not add significant weight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gixxerscott wrote:

Screen-printed player meeples and/or survivor meeples would be a nice upgrade that would not add significant weight

I thought about that but there's only 4 player meeples and dozens of characters. What would you make them look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not try to match them to a specific character in the game.
Just give them a face and some generic clothes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gixxerscott wrote:
I would not try to match them to a specific character in the game.
Just give them a face and some generic clothes.

Possibly. Though it could potentially disappoint people who want their itemeeples consistent with those from the other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d want mine plain. Something charming about they way they are. They can be anything the way they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
I’d want mine plain. Something charming about they way they are. They can be anything the way they are.

I think that was the original idea for meeples. It makes sense for police cars to look like police cars and zombies to look like zombies but if it can stand in for everything it shouldn't look like aything. My opinion at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I doubt it, I tell you what I want to see.

A Tiny Normal Epic Box. If this box is as dense as it seems, I really need a bigger box. As someone who sleeves my games, I have a bad feeling I won't get everything back into the box just because I'm trying to protect my game. Tiny Epic Galaxies was a big push for sleeving and me. I haven't even bothered to look at my TEQ box because I already know sleeving may be a nightmare and I haven't made time for a storage solution that I will like.

However if this box is going to be filled to the brim...yeah I want a bigger box. Even if they have to sell it as an upgrade on their own webstore, I'm cool with that idea, just GIVE ME A BIGGER BOX! Or at the least make one available...somewhere.

please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
While I doubt it, I tell you what I want to see.

A Tiny Normal Epic Box. If this box is as dense as it seems, I really need a bigger box. As someone who sleeves my games, I have a bad feeling I won't get everything back into the box just because I'm trying to protect my game. Tiny Epic Galaxies was a big push for sleeving and me. I haven't even bothered to look at my TEQ box because I already know sleeving may be a nightmare and I haven't made time for a storage solution that I will like.

However if this box is going to be filled to the brim...yeah I want a bigger box. Even if they have to sell it as an upgrade on their own webstore, I'm cool with that idea, just GIVE ME A BIGGER BOX! Or at the least make one available...somewhere.

please?

While I'm sure the box will be very full, when they say they can only fit one or two more cards in, they don't mean physical room in the box. They mean weight. They want to keep the game below a certain weight threshold or else the cost to transport and ship goes up.

Everything should fit in the box okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but I'm talking about sleeved cards. When you have kids and you tell them to be careful, or adults who like there beer, and you tell them to be careful. Accidents may still occur.

and like I said above, my TEG box (not even the addon the original) is filled to the brim because I sleeved the cards. It becomes a chore. Which only in turn makes me scared about TEQ. Its already filled due to all the content AND the expansion that came with it.

I want more room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grinnan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny EPIC Box. One box to hold all the games! Maybe even the playmats
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.